2023/01/15 11:48:44
battlechaser
Finally upgrading from an MSI GTX 1070 Ti Duke, unfortunately I seem to be having issues.

System:
AMD R5 5600X
Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Wifi (the 1st version)
G. Skill Trident Z Neo 4x 8G @ 3600 mHz
Seasonic Focus G 750watt.

I know I'm at the lower limit for the PSU and should be upgrading this week. I just got the card for a song and wanted to test it on air before a full upgrade as I want to integrate it into my water loop.

The only issues I can see right now is that my PSU might not have the power to run it properly, or my PCIE riser cable is only PCIE Gen3, I tried a second Gen3 riser to no avail,  I get nothing out of the card, no display, no fans, no RGB. 

Its going to my friend Monday night to try in his rig to see if it works on his system, but I'm thinking I might need to RMA.

Any insight would be mucho appreciado.

Thanks!

-battleCHASER
2023/01/15 12:01:28
Mathieas
Hi Battlechaser,

I am sure that is super disappointing! Have you tried your card without the riser? Do you happen to see a solid red LED next to any of the PCIe 8pin plugs (this generally denotes a failed card)?

When you turn on your system you should see 3 red LEDs flash, one next to each 8-pin PCIe plug and then they should shutoff. 
2023/01/15 12:32:05
battlechaser
Mathieas
Hi Battlechaser,

I am sure that is super disappointing! Have you tried your card without the riser? Do you happen to see a solid red LED next to any of the PCIe 8pin plugs (this generally denotes a failed card)?

When you turn on your system you should see 3 red LEDs flash, one next to each 8-pin PCIe plug and then they should shutoff. 

I can't really install it direct into the MB without completely disassembling my watercooling loop. But I'll pass it on to the buddy I'm going to have test it in his system. I would just pull it out for now, but I don't even have an air cooler to run the system with 

Thanks!
2023/01/15 13:59:43
Epsolike
battlechaser
Finally upgrading from an MSI GTX 1070 Ti Duke, unfortunately I seem to be having issues.

System:
AMD R5 5600X
Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Wifi (the 1st version)
G. Skill Trident Z Neo 4x 8G @ 3600 mHz
Seasonic Focus G 750watt.

I know I'm at the lower limit for the PSU and should be upgrading this week. I just got the card for a song and wanted to test it on air before a full upgrade as I want to integrate it into my water loop.

The only issues I can see right now is that my PSU might not have the power to run it properly, or my PCIE riser cable is only PCIE Gen3, I tried a second Gen3 riser to no avail,  I get nothing out of the card, no display, no fans, no RGB. 

Its going to my friend Monday night to try in his rig to see if it works on his system, but I'm thinking I might need to RMA.

Any insight would be mucho appreciado.

Thanks!

-battleCHASER

This wouldn't be the first time PCIe 4.0 cards simply don't boot on 3.0 risers, definetly check without that and/or at the suggested friend. You might not need an RMA at all! 
2023/01/15 18:58:46
battlechaser
Epsolike

This wouldn't be the first time PCIe 4.0 cards simply don't boot on 3.0 risers, definitely check without that and/or at the suggested friend. You might not need an RMA at all! 

Yeah, He's taking the card home after work tomorrow. So we'll see. I'm just happy that when I went to add the PCIe power cable I got my Corsair light strips working again. Sometimes it's the little things, and at least I still have something to game on in the mean time.
2023/01/16 17:41:04
battlechaser
So first off, thank you for your responses. 

Small update. Looks like its time to look into an RMA. :(

2023/01/16 17:44:20
EVGATech_MatthewC
A little hard to tell from the picture, but is that a daisy chained cable powering the 3090? We'd recommend testing with three separate PCI-E cables if possible. That red LED usually indicates some sort of power delivery issue, and a daisy chain cable can cause this.
2023/01/16 18:34:00
battlechaser
EVGATech_MatthewC
A little hard to tell from the picture, but is that a daisy chained cable powering the 3090? We'd recommend testing with three separate PCI-E cables if possible. That red LED usually indicates some sort of power delivery issue, and a daisy chain cable can cause this.

It shouldn't be, but that's actually my friend's rig with my card in it. Mine did something similar with separate cables, but its vertically mounted, and I didn't know about the lights so I wasn't looking for them. 
2023/01/16 19:37:58
ty_ger07
It's not going to overload an under-spec PSU or dailsy-chained cables just by turning the power switch on.

If you are sure the cables are all fully plugged into the correct places and are the correct cables for that PSU, the card looks dead.
2023/01/16 20:16:45
battlechaser
ty_ger07
It's not going to overload an under-spec PSU or dailsy-chained cables just by turning the power switch on.

If you are sure the cables are all fully plugged into the correct places and are the correct cables for that PSU, the card looks dead.

Yeah, it's been in my system twice, and that pic was from the third time it was in a completely different system to verify. I'm 99% positive its dead. My friend's system is also powered by a 1000w PSU, so it is definitely not underpowered in the pic, and his usual card is a 3080ti.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account