2022/09/27 15:27:32
fuery87
I hope like many others that EVGA turns around and partners with AMD in the future. I think I’m probably dumping Nvidia when I eventually upgrade from my 3080ti.
2022/09/27 18:51:01
GTXJackBauer
Nereus

Sorry, but I had to...

Right there with you.

kram36
EVGA is dead. Out Of Business... Soon

Not at all.  EVGA was known to make good boards too for the longest time along with GPUs.  Love seeing the Classified Series MBs make a comeback since last gen.
2022/09/27 19:21:20
ty_ger07
GTXJackBauer
Not at all.  EVGA was known to make good boards too for the longest time along with GPUs.  Love seeing the Classified Series MBs make a comeback since last gen.

EVGA's firmware and software has been consistently substandard. Since their Classified motherboard team all left (for one reason or another) their boards have struggled.
GN, along with others (I agree), says that their motherboards are dead in the water.
If their motherboards are going to generate much revenue, they have a lot to prove.
2022/09/29 13:11:11
d.burnette
Well I will tell you I certainly would not bet against EVGA , nor count them out just yet.
2022/09/29 16:08:18
namcost
Some of you don't realize that EVGA's best power supplies are the ones that are Seasonic clones. Literally rebadged Seasonic power supplies. Their own "house made" units aren't as good.... and if they are BUYING the right to basically resell Seasonic units, they are NOT profiting as much as making their own.

I also want to point out, it was claimed their PSU's profit 3x higher than GPU's.... profit ratios don't always mean more money. If the "GPU sales is 5% profit" doing bad math with wrong numbers, a $1000 gpu would mean 50 dollars profit.... that's like, nothing. Meanwhile you could sell a PSU, for 100 bucks, 15% profit margin, which is 3x better than GPU, and yet you only net 15 dollars profit. So even though profit is 3x higher, the TOTAL profit is still smaller than what a GPU will pull in. So this idea that "they can survive off power supplies" is bull. It was already mentioned they are laying off workers because they literally cannot afford to keep them on.

Also profit comes AFTER Revenue. I know some of you don't want to hear it, but if you lose 80% revenue, just because PSU's are 3x profit does not mean that it can fill the same 80% revenue gap that is now created. As proved by my weak math above. 

EVGA in my mind said "we are not supporting ANY gpu brand" so people aren't constantly nagging them "when you gonna release a new gpu for team red/blue" and getting mad when they are super late to the party. EVGA originally stated, long before this, that making AMD gpu's would mean re-tooling, learning the AMD side of things, and finally production. It all takes TIME and will cost MONEY which they said they weren't willing to do..... They can't just jump in instantly and expect a high end product. So by saying "we aren't making gpu's" they can literally take as long as they need to tool up for another brand, figure it out, tweak it, make it epic, and then sell us a brilliant product "in the long run." More than likely this is what they are doing. WORST CASE SCENARIO, they actually think leaving Nvidia sent them a "clear message" and hoping that when the 5000 series products come around (5090) their BOM is less and thusly they can come back to Nvidia, making GPU's, and getting proper profits. But to think they have that much sway with Nvidia is laughable. Nvidia has how many other companies making GPU's who literally do not care that EVGA left and are actually HAPPY because it means they will get more sales? Now if EVERY brand dropped Nvidia and the only cards left were founder cards, then yeah, clear message received. But one company, in a sea of companies? That's like ONE sports player taking a knee for something they believe in and everyone else is like "are you stupid?".

EVGA is either officially dead, OR gpu's are coming "at some point down the road, only god knows when" from either team red/blue or both.
2022/09/29 16:50:27
LFaWolf
namcost
Some of you don't realize that EVGA's best power supplies are the ones that are Seasonic clones. Literally rebadged Seasonic power supplies. Their own "house made" units aren't as good.... and if they are BUYING the right to basically resell Seasonic units, they are NOT profiting as much as making their own.

I also want to point out, it was claimed their PSU's profit 3x higher than GPU's.... profit ratios don't always mean more money. If the "GPU sales is 5% profit" doing bad math with wrong numbers, a $1000 gpu would mean 50 dollars profit.... that's like, nothing. Meanwhile you could sell a PSU, for 100 bucks, 15% profit margin, which is 3x better than GPU, and yet you only net 15 dollars profit. So even though profit is 3x higher, the TOTAL profit is still smaller than what a GPU will pull in. So this idea that "they can survive off power supplies" is bull. It was already mentioned they are laying off workers because they literally cannot afford to keep them on.

Also profit comes AFTER Revenue. I know some of you don't want to hear it, but if you lose 80% revenue, just because PSU's are 3x profit does not mean that it can fill the same 80% revenue gap that is now created. As proved by my weak math above. 

EVGA in my mind said "we are not supporting ANY gpu brand" so people aren't constantly nagging them "when you gonna release a new gpu for team red/blue" and getting mad when they are super late to the party. EVGA originally stated, long before this, that making AMD gpu's would mean re-tooling, learning the AMD side of things, and finally production. It all takes TIME and will cost MONEY which they said they weren't willing to do..... They can't just jump in instantly and expect a high end product. So by saying "we aren't making gpu's" they can literally take as long as they need to tool up for another brand, figure it out, tweak it, make it epic, and then sell us a brilliant product "in the long run." More than likely this is what they are doing. WORST CASE SCENARIO, they actually think leaving Nvidia sent them a "clear message" and hoping that when the 5000 series products come around (5090) their BOM is less and thusly they can come back to Nvidia, making GPU's, and getting proper profits. But to think they have that much sway with Nvidia is laughable. Nvidia has how many other companies making GPU's who literally do not care that EVGA left and are actually HAPPY because it means they will get more sales? Now if EVERY brand dropped Nvidia and the only cards left were founder cards, then yeah, clear message received. But one company, in a sea of companies? That's like ONE sports player taking a knee for something they believe in and everyone else is like "are you stupid?".

EVGA is either officially dead, OR gpu's are coming "at some point down the road, only god knows when" from either team red/blue or both.

I agree with you, but emotion is running high right now, and no one wants to hear "logic".

I love EVGA the company, but my work requires me to use NVIDIA GPUs. Even if they make AMD or Intel GPUs, I won't be able to use them, until AMD or Intel catches up with NVIDIA.

2022/09/29 17:14:14
dragomirc
Pivotal question is: How many EVGA employees worked in GPU production, 50%? 60%? 80%?
Once those great people leave EVGA looking for another job, game is over. 
EVGA will become a nostalgic memory only.
2022/09/29 18:30:58
cesarx
I will stick with my Evga 2080 Super for the long run.  It runs what I play all the time and maxes my Monitor refresh rate  
2022/09/30 12:10:55
d.burnette
Whilst they are on this sabbatical from GPU's I hope EVGA looks at some other stuff to offer, expanding more into the motherboard market like they used to would be nice as well. 
Of all the companies I have done business with when it comes to PC Hardware EVGA is top class. 

Pretty sure I am going to skip the 40xx cards myself or at least that is my plan so far. Think I will wait for the 50 series this time.
2022/09/30 12:15:45
freakdaddy64
maybe bring nack some evga cases

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account