2022/07/22 14:29:57
EVGA_Lee
Updates multiple issues and adds a few items.

BIOS 1.08 (E599 DARK)
  • Improves memory dual rank module compatibility.
  • Fixes WHEA error issue.
  • Adds CPU Vmax Stress item.
  • Adds memory PDD item.
  • Fixes Non-K CPU turbo ratio issue.
  • Fixes issue where ERP mode may trigger safe mode.
BIOS 1.09 (E597 FTW)
  • Fixes WHEA error issue.
  • Adds CPU Vmax Stress item.
  • Adds memory PDD item.
  • Fixes Non-K CPU turbo ratio issue.
  • Fixes issue where ERP mode may trigger safe mode.

Windows Installation
  • Download the correct .zip file below for your motherboard:        
         121-RL-E599-KR - EVGA Z590 DARK - v1.08
         121-RL-E597-KR - EVGA Z590 FTW - v1.09
  • First go into your BIOS and load defaults, save and exit
  • Close all open programs.
  • Go into the folder where you unzipped this package and double-click update.bat
  • Press Y to start the flash process
  • DO NOT TURN OFF POWER OR RESET DURING THE FLASH PROCESS
  • After the flash is finished, the system will automatically shut down. Power on the system again and go into BIOS and adjust settings as needed.
  • NOTE: If flash box immediately closes after flash attempt, the flash may need to be run from a CMD prompt with administrator privileges or DOS version.

BIOS Installation
  • Extract the contents of .zip file to USB flash drive (must be formatted as FAT32)
  • Reboot the machine and go into the system BIOS
  • From the BIOS, navigate to the EXTRAS tab at the upper left and click on "BIOS Update"
  • Select the .bin file you wish to flash.

Please let me know if anyone runs into problems with this update.  Thanks!
2022/07/22 15:57:48
frankd3
Thank you, Lee.
Been wondering about this lately.
2022/07/25 08:41:44
JimBeamBlack
 Good Stuff!! thank you!

So far no issues.
2022/07/27 10:42:10
frankd3
Have garbage characters in 2 screens. Dimm voltage on the side and hardware monitoring in the temps area at the top..

EDIT: when I blow up the picture I guess they could be Chinese characters but they're nothing like any I've seen before.

https://i.imgur.com/ZujgGSs.png

https://i.imgur.com/KVHIWs9.png

EDIT: should have mentioned that I have the Z590 FTW with an 11900K and my comment is in response to bios v1.09 for the FTW
2022/08/04 15:05:55
tps34433
This bios runs excellent! I have been running the Z590 Dark for over 11 months straight on direct die. I’m almost at a year running this setup. It has been handling my golden 11900K perfectly fine since then too. 5.5Ghz all cores at 1.518V, memory is Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x16GB Samsung B-Die 4000Mhz (Gear 1) CL14.

This CPU hasn’t degraded one bit. it’s literally top 1-2% of all 11900K’s in the world. And I am happy to report bios 1.08 has not changed a thing for stability. My system runs 24/7 like this.
2022/08/09 18:34:33
RogueMaster
How do I adjust mouse speed in the bios? It's ridiculously slow.
2022/08/09 18:36:20
RogueMaster
frankd3
Have garbage characters in 2 screens. Dimm voltage on the side and hardware monitoring in the temps area at the top..

EDIT: when I blow up the picture I guess they could be Chinese characters but they're nothing like any I've seen before.
EDIT: should have mentioned that I have the Z590 FTW with an 11900K and my comment is in response to bios v1.09 for the FTW

I noticed the same thing today after updating the bios. Was curious about that myself.
2022/08/09 19:47:48
tps34433
RogueMaster
frankd3

I noticed the same thing today after updating the bios. Was curious about that myself.

Pretty sure this is an FTW issue only. I haven’t seen the problem on my Dark motherboards. 
2022/08/12 14:33:35
RogueMaster
In addition to the wonky characters on several screens, mentioned above, I've run into a few other issues.

1) Can't use the built in screenshot (F12) function. I get an error message about "can't detected key" (Typo was in bios, not mine).
2) When changing XMP profiles, I don't get the option to select gear. Aside from setting the profile, frequency and voltage, is there something else I should be changing to enable this?
3) Can't find an option to make the mouse move any faster than a glacier. Is it supposed to be so slow that I literally have to move the mouse 10-12 times across the pad to move from one side of the screen to the other?

2022/08/12 15:23:48
frankd3
RogueMaster
In addition to the wonky characters on several screens, mentioned above, I've run into a few other issues.

1) Can't use the built in screenshot (F12) function. I get an error message about "can't detected key" (Typo was in bios, not mine).
2) When changing XMP profiles, I don't get the option to select gear. Aside from setting the profile, frequency and voltage, is there something else I should be changing to enable this?
3) Can't find an option to make the mouse move any faster than a glacier. Is it supposed to be so slow that I literally have to move the mouse 10-12 times across the pad to move from one side of the screen to the other?

RogueMaster,
I can't imagine what's going wrong for you but I have the gear selection entry and have used it. I also have the F12 screenshot function working. I just have the weird characters. Have you tried re-flashing the bios? It looks like something went wrong when you flashed. That usb drive not being recognized might be a clue, idk.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account