2022/07/17 19:24:08
XrayMan
smithdws1
I removed my battery; both the original and the RMA replacement had batteries that swelled up. Unfortunately, the warranty ran out and the one they sent me has a bad video out; both the HDMI and mini display port no longer function properly. If I had known it was just a faulty battery design, I'd have just removed the battery  and used it as a workstation. Now, I have no battery and it's worse performance than the replacement they shipped me. I'd really like to get ahold of one that had a broken screen; I could then swap the MB or screen and I'm back in business.  

A motherboard would probably solve my issue.
2022/07/20 09:35:34
Spirery1070
Lucky i took mine out i just use mine as a desktop its not like the battery lasted long anyway tbh poor poor design

2022/07/20 10:19:04
ty_ger07
How could he use the charger to run the laptop without a battery, but the charger is theoretically bad?
2022/07/21 20:50:27
XrayMan

The original charger went bad, so I got a replacement. Can only use the charger, because no matter what battery is inside, it will not charge. I thought I explained this already.
2022/07/22 19:55:20
XrayMan
austin86
XrayMan

The original charger went bad, so I got a replacement. Can only use the charger, because no matter what battery is inside, it will not charge. I thought I explained this already.

I must have missed that, sorry.  Is it a OEM charger?

No. It's an original. They were able to find a spare. Probably the last spare too.    ;)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account