2022/06/21 09:05:25
EVGA_James

Introducing the EVGA SuperNova G7 – the most efficient, micro-sized 80 PLUS Gold-certified ATX power supply available. Backed with EVGA’s 10-Year Limited Warranty and a full suite of protections, the EVGA SuperNova G7 is ready for play.

Learn more here: https://www.evga.com/articles/01570/evga-g7-psu/
2022/06/21 11:20:27
Zone15
Who is the OEM for these?  I know Seasonic was the OEM for the G6 and I've always had good experience with them.
2022/06/21 14:30:09
eternaltrance
Superflower is the only other one I know with a 130mm size so maybe them? Also where's the new 12 pin at?
2022/06/21 16:58:34
EVGA_Lee
eternaltrance
Superflower is the only other one I know with a 130mm size so maybe them? Also where's the new 12 pin at?

These units will not have the PCIe 16-pin cable.  They can still be used with any GPU that uses the 16pin-3x 8pin PCIe adapter, however.
2022/06/21 21:37:17
Airwolf24
EVGATech_LeeM
eternaltrance

These units will not have the PCIe 16-pin cable.  They can still be used with any GPU that uses the 16pin-3x 8pin PCIe adapter, however.

I was wondering about that since nvidia next gen gpus is around the corner, also this it still cool though 
2022/06/21 22:25:47
Hoggle
Airwolf24
EVGATech_LeeM
eternaltrance

I was wondering about that since nvidia next gen gpus is around the corner, also this it still cool though 

Probably adaptors will be the norm for the next generation as no way would the next generation use a connector that pretty much nobody has in their computer.
2022/06/22 07:13:24
jd63636
Zone15
Who is the OEM for these?  I know Seasonic was the OEM for the G6 and I've always had good experience with them.

My guess is HEC like the G5. I know very little about them and their track record other than they did power supplies for Cougar. Personally I would stick with anything Seasonic or Super Flower as the OEM since both have long standing reputations for high quality, reliable products.
2022/06/22 07:48:08
B0baganoosh
jd63636
Zone15

My guess is HEC like the G5. I know very little about them and their track record other than they did power supplies for Cougar. Personally I would stick with anything Seasonic or Super Flower as the OEM since both have long standing reputations for high quality, reliable products.

Tom's review said the G5 was FSP. Looking at the internals of both...there are some similarities. The new SuperFlower Leadex V Pro 130mm model has a few similarities as well, but I'd say a bit less than the FSP G5. That said, the different primary side topology (half bridge LLC resonant vs ACRF). So if I had to guess, I'd say it's an FSP with a different topology than the G5. The ACRF topology is one thing the G5 didn't do well on reviews with, so maybe they were targeting that with this supply?
2022/06/22 08:03:40
jd63636
B0baganoosh
jd63636
Zone15

Tom's review said the G5 was FSP. Looking at the internals of both...there are some similarities. The new SuperFlower Leadex V Pro 130mm model has a few similarities as well, but I'd say a bit less than the FSP G5. That said, the different primary side topology (half bridge LLC resonant vs ACRF). So if I had to guess, I'd say it's an FSP with a different topology than the G5. The ACRF topology is one thing the G5 didn't do well on reviews with, so maybe they were targeting that with this supply?

Ahhh I missed that, just looked at the Toms Hardware G5 review, I have not seen very positive reviews on the FSP power supplies  so for my own builds i would not consider them.
2022/06/22 09:02:58
B0baganoosh
Here's a comparison:
FSP Hydro PTM X Pro 130mm 1000W:

EVGA G7 1000W:

Both LLC Half-bridge designs. It definitely has a lot of similarities in the layout and component selections, but it's also clear that they didn't just put the same board in a different box. So some changes and customizations were most definitely made for EVGA here.

Of course, this is just looking at pictures and noticing things like the way the designers like to orient the layout a certain way, use those blue potentiometers, how they like to put in the bus bars on the connector boards, the identical looking input connector boards, some strikingly similar heat-sink selections, etc. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account