2022/06/16 03:53:27
rjohnson11
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/bethesda_confirms_that_fallout_5_will_be_its_next_game_after_the_elder_scrolls_6/1

In an interview with IGN, Bethesda's Todd Howard confirmed that The Elder Scroll 6 is now in pre-production and that they will be working on Fallout 5 "after that". The good news for Fallout fans is that Fallout 5 is coming, but the bad news is that gamers will have to wait a while. Bethesda Game Studio's next big title is Starfield, and it is due to release next year on PC and Xbox Series X/S. Following that launch, The Elder Scrolls 6 will be the studio's next big game, and after that will come Fallout 5. The Elder Scrolls 6 may have been teased back in 2018, the game remains in pre-production. The Elder Scrolls 6's teaser was intended to confirm to fans that Bethesda was not abandoning the single player RPG genre after Fallout 76. That said, The Elders Scroll fans expected more than "pre-production" after a four year wait. It will be a long time before we see Fallout 5, though it is comforting to see that Bethesda has long term plans for its major franchises. Perhaps The Elder Scrolls 6 and Fallout 5 will come sooner thanks to Starfield's engine changes, and the fact that neither of these games have space combat or over 1,000 planets to explore.

What about Starfield?
Starfield's coming to PC and Xbox Series X/S next year, arriving with a main quest that should take around 30-40 hours to complete. Add on side-quests and other content, and Starfield will take a long time to complete. 

I think the waiting time will be worth the gaming experience.
2022/06/20 05:18:51
harley262
thats gonna be 6 years... they should have let some third party dev make starfield and let bethesda studio do there skyrim/fallout game. maybe obsidian can take the upcoming skyrim engine and make a game before bethesda can get fallout 5 released.
2022/06/20 11:08:37
aka_STEVE_b
more like a decade or two at their rate....
2022/06/21 12:20:02
donta1979
Sooo you and I will be like this turtle fully by then?

2022/06/21 12:23:08
donta1979
harley262
thats gonna be 6 years... they should have let some third party dev make starfield and let bethesda studio do there skyrim/fallout game. maybe obsidian can take the upcoming skyrim engine and make a game before bethesda can get fallout 5 released.

Microsoft should have handed Fallout back to Obsidian to make. Let Bethesda deal with The Elder Scrolls and Starfield. As we saw in Fallout 4 they really do not care as much as Obsidian who did more with their engine and acquired IP with just Fallout New Vegas...
2022/06/21 12:43:34
badboy64
By the time the new Elder Scroll 6 game comes out I will be retired which will be in 3 and a half years from now. Looking forward to StarField when it comes out and keep me busy while I wait for the next Skyrim and Fallout game to come out.
2022/06/21 15:51:45
harley262
donta1979

Microsoft should have handed Fallout back to Obsidian to make. Let Bethesda deal with The Elder Scrolls and Starfield. As we saw in Fallout 4 they really do not care as much as Obsidian who did more with their engine and acquired IP with just Fallout New Vegas...

you say should have but i think theres lots of time for that.
2022/06/25 13:26:19
donta1979
harley262
donta1979

you say should have but i think theres lots of time for that.

We are not getting any younger... time is one thing we do not have an endless supply of. So yeah they need to just hand the IP off to Obsidian.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account