2022/06/13 13:25:27
B0baganoosh
lmcke169
B0baganoosh
z999z3mystorys
What will happen to any EVGA bucks between now and September the 13th? If I were to say cash out now, then earn more EVGA after that, what would happen to them? I'm also wondering when all means of earning EVGA bucks will be halted as well, if it's the same September 13th date, or earlier.

That was today. You can't earn any more. The pending ones will be given to you within 6-10 days, but you won't earn any more. You just have until September 13th to spend them, cash out for half their value, or donate them to charity.

From the email this morning
  • Any pending rewards for purchases made with your Associates code prior to June 13th, 2022 will be approved and added to your balance within 7-10 business days.
  • Your Associates code will still provide discounts for purchases at EVGA.com.

Exactly. 
2022/06/13 13:48:48
MattyMattMatt
transdogmifier
Pathetic. As I've said before you're becoming every other manufacturer. My loyalty is dead.

And btw, not letting ME choose the charity? That's extremely asinine..I don't' want donate to some leftist garbage, thanks.

Wow dude, you're terrible.
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospitalis leftist garbage? You're crazy.
2022/06/13 14:59:02
cjake
enewt 
Yes, I confirmed with EVGA that for folks over a certain amount (I believe it is $600, but don’t quote me on this specific number), EVGA will require a 1099.  

PayPal is also required to issue a 1099 if payments received for sale of goods or services exceeds $600 over the calendar year.     Hopefully, EVGA and PayPal have this worked out so you don't receive two 1099s.

And if you cash in less than $600 hoping to avoid the 1099 but you received any other PayPal payments during the year, the combination of payments could exceed the $600 threshold and PayPal will issue a 1099.
2022/06/13 15:13:19
lmcke169
cjake
enewt 
Yes, I confirmed with EVGA that for folks over a certain amount (I believe it is $600, but don’t quote me on this specific number), EVGA will require a 1099.  

PayPal is also required to issue a 1099 if payments received for sale of goods or services exceeds $600 over the calendar year.     Hopefully, EVGA and PayPal have this worked out so you don't receive two 1099s.

And if you cash in less than $600 hoping to avoid the 1099 but you received any other PayPal payments during the year, the combination of payments could exceed the $600 threshold and PayPal will issue a 1099.

That is easily handled by an accountant when filing. I had 1099s referencing the same transactions from paypal and another service last year. Paypal will not do a corrected 1099 btw I asked.

You report the income on both like normal and then you add the paypal as a deduction under other expenses as an adjustment I believe. (Not an accountant just trying to remember what mine did last year.)

2022/06/13 15:22:10
RogueMaster
enewt

I feel the loss of the Associate program

The silver lining, if you can call it that, is that a certain someone can't beat his troll drums and call you a shill any longer.

I do like that they're keeping the discount program going, however.
2022/06/13 15:52:50
tshalev
How does this work if you're in Canada? I never really use Paypal for anything; does anyone know if I will get hit with any fees or taxes or anything over here?
2022/06/13 16:41:27
Chaos_21
Well, this is just some terrible news! 
2022/06/13 17:15:58
tshalev
Enewt, did you broker some sort of deal with EVGA? I think you would bankrupt them if you cashed in all your EVGA bucks 😂
2022/06/13 17:49:26
z999z3mystorys
I wonder if they'll add anything new in the future soon, losing a few of the things that make EVGA stand out is disappointing, I'm hoping for something new in the future that might at least be interesting. Maybe adding something to the elite program?
2022/06/13 18:08:03
lmcke169
tshalev
How does this work if you're in Canada? I never really use Paypal for anything; does anyone know if I will get hit with any fees or taxes or anything over here?

Contact EVGA they may be able to set up alternatives such as a wire transfer, check, or direct deposit.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account