2022/09/26 09:53:01
tdwhite
That's nice.  No email received about this, I don't frequent the forums that often and I'm just screwed out of that credit.  Just found out about it today.
2022/09/26 10:13:51
Nereus

Emails were sent months ago to every person who had EVGA Bucks accrued. The email address would have been the one you specified on your EVGA account. Sorry that you missed it, but notice was given and it was all over the forums (granted, you didn't visit often).

2022/09/26 10:28:07
rjohnson11
Nereus

Emails were sent months ago to every person who had EVGA Bucks accrued. The email address would have been the one you specified on your EVGA account. Sorry that you missed it, but notice was given and it was all over the forums (granted, you didn't visit often).

EVGA tried their best to reach all of their forum members. 
2022/09/26 12:19:55
ty_ger07
I wonder how much credit a new member who doesn't interact with EVGA's forum or read EVGA's emails could have lost.
2022/09/26 19:42:21
yaggaz
austin86
enewt
transdogmifier
Pathetic. As I've said before you're becoming every other manufacturer. My loyalty is dead.

And btw, not letting ME choose the charity? That's extremely asinine..I don't' want donate to some leftist garbage, thanks.

Enjoy your future Zotacs.

Seriously, 19 years of community building and you’re going to dump on them for shifting things around a bit? You must really hate holiday…er…Christmas sales. 

TBH EVGA is no longer the EVGA of the past. More and more every day they're becoming anther run of the mill GPU seller and there is not much to set them aside anymore.

Snake Oils seller doesn't care, he siphoned thousands of evga bucks with his queue.  Now with recent announcements I say "Enjoy YOUR future Zotacs" lol.
2022/09/27 07:16:02
tdwhite
If this is meant for me, I'm not a new member, I've been a member longer than you have.  As a matter of fact I can still see a PM from you to me back in 2010 asking me for a copy of my AVP Precision skin.

Fact is I used to be on here a lot. I've created and given many EVGA Precision skins to the cause back in the day and was a fairly active folding member for EVGA as well.  I then took a break and haven't been around much since the folding stopped earning EVGA bucks.  I've been working on my 1969 Dart GT and focusing on some other things in my life.

I've searched all of my email and I cannot find a single email mentioning the end of EVGA bucks or any deadline to use them.  I also do not have a single PM from anyone at EVGA to notify me of this.  Looks to me because I haven't been immediately active (less than a year maybe) EVGA marked me inactive and wrote me off and took my credits, not bothering to reach out to me even once.

Had I known I would have spent it in their store and bought something.  Here's what I knew of EVGA bucks program up until yesterday:  "... There is no limit on how many EVGA Bucks™ you can earn or have at any given time - feel free to save them up for as long as you like."

Yeah, not so much I guess...

2022/09/27 07:28:30
Nereus
tdwhite
If this is meant for me, I'm not a new member, I've been a member longer than you have.

Fact is I used to be on here a lot. I've created and given many EVGA Precision skins to the cause back in the day and was a fairly active folding member for EVGA as well.  I then took a break and haven't been around much since the folding stopped earning EVGA bucks.  I've been working on my 1969 Dart GT and focusing on some other things in my life.

I've searched all of my email and I cannot find a single email mentioning the end of EVGA bucks or any deadline to use them.  I also do not have a single PM from anyone at EVGA to notify me of this.

Had I known I would have spent it in their store and bought something.  Here's what I knew of EVGA bucks program up until yesterday:  "... There is no limit on how many EVGA Bucks™ you can earn or have at any given time - feel free to save them up for as long as you like."

Yeah, not so much I guess...

If you're referring to Yaggaz's post above, I don't think that was intended for you.

On the very same EVGA website page you are quoting from (link);
"EVGA reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify the EVGA Bucks™ program, if, at its sole discretion, and for any reason,.."

Again, EVGA sent emails months ago to every person who had EVGA Bucks accrued. The email address would have been the one you specified on your EVGA account. If you missed it, or deleted it thinking it was just some sale spam, or you had a different email address, or your mail host blocked it as spam, or for whatever other related reason, EVGA has zero control over that. Emails were sent whether you care to believe it or not.

EVGA were not required to notify anyone, nor give 3+ months notice, but they did both, and even offered a cash payout if the individual did not want to buy anything from the EVGA store. There is nothing more they could have done. It sucks that you missed it, but that's the bottom line.

p.s. Yeah I miss that we could skin Precision (or was it AfterBurner?), and yes it was a bummer when EVGA stopped sponsoring folding via EVGA Bucks. I think I recognize your name from there, although I don't fold anymore - the power bills got too high.

2022/09/27 07:48:39
Chaos_21
Sounds like giveaway's broke the bank and Evga has dropped GPU sales. I can't believe people are still whining. 
2022/09/27 07:56:11
ty_ger07
As a mobile user, it isn't obvious to me when you joined.
Regardless, I meant "New Member" in regards to your status displayed by this forum. Typically someone who doesn't interact with this forum and doesn't interact with EVGA in any other way, doesn't have many bucks to lose.

So, how many did you lose? That was my curiosity. I know it is none of my business, but otherwise you are just talking into a void and the whole discussion is pointless. Let's at least make this interesting.
2022/09/28 07:33:02
tdwhite
ty_ger07
As a mobile user, it isn't obvious to me when you joined.
Regardless, I meant "New Member" in regards to your status displayed by this forum. Typically someone who doesn't interact with this forum and doesn't interact with EVGA in any other way, doesn't have many bucks to lose.

So, how many did you lose? That was my curiosity. I know it is none of my business, but otherwise you are just talking into a void and the whole discussion is pointless. Let's at least make this interesting.

"Typically someone who doesn't interact with this forum and doesn't interact with EVGA in any other way, doesn't have many bucks to lose." 

~ Again, I've been a member since 2007, I was active, folding up until about 9 months ago. I don't understand how you keep thinking I'm a new member with no possibility to have banked EVGA bucks over the past 16 years...

Anyway, my original post was 3 simple sentences.  I'm not the one that's making a big deal out of this.  3 simple sentences, basically saying that sucks, I didn't know about it.

Fanbois (not just you) don't have to jump up and start defending EVGA as if I've committed some mortal sin, or slighted your king.  They are adults and a business, they can defend themselves.  I'm a fanboi myself after all.

Peace

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account