2022/05/04 23:57:22
rjohnson11
https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/mustafa-mahmoud/activision-blames-poor-cod-sales-on-ww2-setting/

The first person shooter genre has experienced many shifts over the course of the past 20 years. Going from WW2 shooters to modern military shooters to futuristic shooters and back to boots on the ground, Activision has tried to keep the franchise fresh. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be working, with the publisher announcing in their annual report (as reported by VGC) that “While Call of Duty remains one of the most successful entertainment franchises of all time, our 2021 premium release didn’t meet our expectations, we believe primarily due to our own execution.”

The ‘execution’ in question pertains to the fact that “The game’s World War II setting didn’t resonate with some of our community and we didn’t deliver as much innovation in the premium game as we would have liked.” The release of COD’s free-to-play Warzone game in 2020 served as one of the best and worst things to happen to the franchise. With the Battle Royale game shooting to success shortly following its release, the premium Call of Duty titles were stuck in an awkward position due to their comparative value being seemingly not worth it. Call of Duty is in an interesting and transitory place in its life and it will be interesting to see what the future holds.

I'm curious once Microsoft takes the company under its wings in what gaming direction will be done. 
2022/05/05 05:35:59
aka_STEVE_b
Sure,.. it wasn't the fact that they put out a poor product, the last 2 years with tons of bugs & performance issues and leave their products in the dust with poor suport before they move on to the next year version - over & over again ,...etc...etc... 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️
2022/05/05 11:34:16
yaymz
WW2 genre is not what is broken.

It's the fact that Activision/Blizzard is just known for regurgitating the same old franchises and not coming out with anything unique or new to draw people in.  Rather their game plan seems to be to try and hold on to the gamers they do have, which doesn't seem like a solid plan.
2022/05/06 00:55:52
evgaguest02145
Honestly their WW2 title was not fun to play at all there was a lot of bugs in it too. Half-done game
2022/05/06 06:18:14
firerain
I still cant play Warzone, my phone number does not work for them. This is 2022 how is this a issue still. These companies are going to get a rude awakening sooner or later and it looks like its the sooner.
2022/05/12 14:40:59
zuckuss00
I blame their terrible launcher... I can't even get anything to launch from Blizzard without some sort of error.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account