2022/04/30 16:33:55
Tm1172
So Guardians of the Galaxy is on Xbox Game Pass for PC, and I'm liking it so far.  Problem is, I'm working with an RTX3080Ti Ultra Hybrid Gaming, and it's giving me some weird display issues once temps get high enough (might be related to my card, I already have a trouble ticket in).

My question: anyone with a 3080/3080ti/3090 who plays the game, what settings do you have the game at?  I'd like to make sure my settings are sane before I'm convinced that my card might be faulty.

My settings:
Display - Fullscreen (not exclusive fullscreen, but auto set to 3440x1440)
Vsync - Off
Max refresh rate - 144hz
DLSS - Quality

Graphics - High preset for everything
Ray traced reflections - Very High
Ray traced transparent reflections - on
SSSR - on
Motion blur - off
Radial motion blur - off

I'm getting good frames (100-130 FPS).  FPS is not my concern right now. My concern is my display showing a "wave" of black sweeping across it, leaving only the sound (although the game apparently still plays without the picture).  Alternately, all sources of light and reflective surfaces start flaring uncontrollably until the entire picture is engulfed in flaring white spots.  This only seems to happen when my gpu temps get above 70c, which happens pretty quick with RT enabled, even using DLSS.  That's probably a different post in a more GPU-specific forum though.
2022/04/30 20:10:33
Viper453
I tried playing with the same setting but was unable to find any major issues with my 3090 FE. I am using windows 11 (21H2) and GeForce 512.59 driver.
2022/04/30 20:14:22
Hoggle
What happens when you lower the max  refresh rate? 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account