2023/02/06 11:22:20
tygeer
I have been having this issue for months. No fix from the company, EVGA has lost lots of credibility over such a small issue. We need some individual to get involved here. To get us a class action to make them buy all the mice back at full price+. Since they are incapable of fixing this issue in nearly a year.
2023/02/12 21:53:36
AR2022
I'm still getting random disconnects and I'm 100% certain that it comes down to a poor quality USB cable because when you move/jiggle the cable, the mouse disconnects. The same thing happened with the first X15 I bought too. The scroll wheel is still absolutely unusable which makes it worthless for most games and even browsing the internet.

Absolute junk.
2023/02/12 23:53:19
Hoggle
Honestly I have had disconnects but not recently after firmware updates. For my keyboard I did have it disconnect but that was when a Windows update was telling me it needed a restart so I don’t really hold EVGA responsible for that.

It definitely takes going into the EVGA unleashed and to the mouse settings to make sure the software is updated as is the firmware but the mouse and keyboard have both been good and well worth the price I paid.

Of course when it was bad I did move the mouse to the front ports making it easier to unplug.

As for moving the cable causing it to disconnect that sounds like a possible short. I would wonder if it is the motherboard port causing it or if maybe it’s the cable. Regardless of what brand of mouse you use you might want to consider getting something like a mouse cable bungee to make sure you are not causing a short in the cable. Regardless of the brand of mouse they can make a mouse last longer without a shirt in the cable.
2023/02/12 23:59:58
AR2022
2 different computers, 2 separate X15's. I've tried all of the USB ports. It's the mice.
All of the firmware is up to date. My Logitech G502 works perfectly.

It's absolutely poor design. I had to pull keys off my Z20 and scrape away the excess plastic left over from manufacture in order to stop keys sticking.
2023/03/18 12:59:41
crazyidiotg
I just want to share here what "worked for me" so far and has worked on both desktop + laptop, it's been about a week on both. Get rid of EVGA Unleash - really, just do it. 
I didn't care about the additional buttons, i just wanted that ring finger click and this was the only other mouse aside from my g600 that had it (without it being one of those weird ergo mice for hundreds of dollars). So I sent up what I needed for my ring finger button - tbh i just use it as a replacement for middle click. I did set up another button too just to test and my mouse does still have the memory for both the ring finger click and the 9 (which was the test button i set up). Hasn't given me the random disconnects so far so hopefully this helps others or at least makes it better because on mine at some point it would disconnect multiple times per hour. I decided to try it because I noticed that I wasn't having disconnecting issues on the mouse i used on my laptop after i reformatted and didn't install Unleash since the mouse still functioned as I wanted it to - and i don't care about changing the lights and whatnot - I had bought 2 of them and even when I switched them around, the issue only happened when Unleash was installed on both machines (windows 11 on both). 

hopefully this helps, good luck
2023/03/18 18:10:14
Hoggle
crazyidiotg
I just want to share here what "worked for me" so far and has worked on both desktop + laptop, it's been about a week on both. Get rid of EVGA Unleash - really, just do it. 
I didn't care about the additional buttons, i just wanted that ring finger click and this was the only other mouse aside from my g600 that had it (without it being one of those weird ergo mice for hundreds of dollars). So I sent up what I needed for my ring finger button - tbh i just use it as a replacement for middle click. I did set up another button too just to test and my mouse does still have the memory for both the ring finger click and the 9 (which was the test button i set up). Hasn't given me the random disconnects so far so hopefully this helps others or at least makes it better because on mine at some point it would disconnect multiple times per hour. I decided to try it because I noticed that I wasn't having disconnecting issues on the mouse i used on my laptop after i reformatted and didn't install Unleash since the mouse still functioned as I wanted it to - and i don't care about changing the lights and whatnot - I had bought 2 of them and even when I switched them around, the issue only happened when Unleash was installed on both machines (windows 11 on both). 

hopefully this helps, good luck

I have had good luck with the modern Unleashed software. I will admit that wasn't always the case but the latest Unleashed software hasn't for me had random disconnects. I think that it's going to be more important to use unleashed in the future to upgrade firmware on the mouse but I guess if it's working for you then the point of firmware updates is moot as long as you check the forum often and know what changes and fixes might be released.
2023/03/29 11:12:08
krunchbox
I Just keep a USB extension cable plugged into the pc.. When I have the multitude of disconnects I unplug the mouse for a minute. Then reconnect the mouse AFTER I load up my game(PUBG). It seems to work after I do that, even after I exit.
2023/04/08 04:21:27
gollum8it
Got a THIRD new x15 February 19, 2023

April 7th 2023 the new x15 is already disconnecting at the rate a 1 year old one did, several times an hour. 

When absolutely no mouse input is given the mouse will disconnect while afk, so not sure how it could be poor cabling.

At this point I'm sticking the one I have in a box and returning it for a new one. Not dealing with the annoying RMA ticket process where they pretend the issue with these mice is completely unknown unless I spend days responding to a chat rep and only then I have the pleasure of paying to ship it back. 

Thanks a ton for the hard work being put in to make a wired mouse not constantly lose connection and make the software completely crash as if we are in the 1970s.
2023/04/15 20:23:20
krunchbox
At some point... I would take a firmware update without RGB working or reflex just to get it working right.  Using USBdeview.exe I see sometimes the mouse sets a StartAchieved registry key sometimes it does not.  Sometimes disconnecting first at Parent IDs ending 001 002.  But, that was the previous firmware.  This new firmware always gives me the "Device Descriptor Request Failed" error.
2023/05/13 19:35:59
barqrootbeer
I got this mouse roughly a year ago and am getting the disconnect issue at least once a day. Has anyone RMA'd it and received a functional one in return or are they all broken?

I have already tried the latest firmware and am currently on 1.28. On the latest version it would behave slightly differently when disconnecting but it would still end up doing it.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account