2022/05/27 22:05:08
drew2541
running firmware v1.42 for x15 for 24 hrs haven't had an issue now
2022/05/28 01:54:39
Hoggle
drew2541
running firmware v1.42 for x15 for 24 hrs haven't had an issue now

Hopefully this continues. I have been using my X20 but have considered going back to an X17 since it has the faster polling rate and I find myself not really using the Wireless that much.
2022/05/29 08:51:06
Saberous
I guess my mouse is junk. Before the update, the mouse would dc and rc. Now the mouse just DC's and I have to unplug the mouse and plug it back in to get the mouse to rc again. So annoying when your in a fight.

2022/05/29 11:52:02
zapoqx
Well I can say for sure that I went ahead and took a leap of faith...
First, it seems the profile information did get erased (sad), but given I didn't change too much yet outside of Profile 1 and 2, its fine for now and it updated just fine.
Second, I have not experienced a single disconnect after updating and has been over 24 hours now.

Will continue to monitor throughout the week, but I think this is it for you all!
2022/06/04 02:54:49
Aquatorch
I've now tried both a brand new Z20 and a brand new X15 on two different computers are they're both very hosed up.  It doesn't happen all that often, but when it does, I'm pretty much unable to do anything shy of rebooting.  One of my machines are running Windows 11 and one is on Windows 10.  The X15 firmware is: v1.42 and the X20 firmware is: v1.34.  Also the EVGA software version is: v1.0.17.

It's very difficult to duplicate the errors as they seem to happen rarely, but when it does it appears to only happen if I have both the Elder Scrolls Online open as well as a Youtube video via Brave browser.  I'm still trying to test this to confirm if it only happens when both of those are open, but as I said below, it's very difficult since it's random only.

As far as resolving it.  When the mouse disconnects, I can unplut it, wait 5 seconds, plug it back in anywhere from 1-5 times and it seems to resolve the issues.  For the keyboard though, there doesn't appear to be any solution other than a full on reboot.  Closing the EVGA software and reopening it does nothing.  When the keyboard messes up, some functions and keys work fine, such as CTRL+ESC, tab, Win+E, and some others.  However, others just stop working completely such as all alpha numberic keys.  It's basically acting like my CTRL key is getting stuck, except on a software level, not a hardware level as the keys are physically fine (and brand new) on both keyboards.

This is extremely annoying and I'm sick of dealing with it at this point.
2022/06/04 06:11:31
Aquatorch
I can confirm with 100% certainty that it has happened without the game running or having Youtube up.  This has happened on both my keyboards and on both my computers now.
2022/06/05 07:23:26
krunchbox
EVGA_James
Unfortunately I have not yet been able to recreate this with a several of my X15. Our team is looking into these issues and should come out with a update soon. If you are still having issues please contact our support team for a warranty replacement.  

Maybe it's an issue with the system drivers and the USB Windows settings ( the ones you can't see)?

Mine has definitely fallen to the disconnect issues. Multiple times in an hour, now.
2022/06/24 08:05:25
rahorton
I am also having the same issue. I wanted to go the RMA route. However, the X15 was my only mouse so I opted for the advanced replacement. They wanted $166 hold on my card which seems insane. I can buy the mouse new for 40 bucks on Amazon so I declined against it. I will try the update posted here that is supposed to fix the disconnect issue. 

I have typically had no issues with any EVGA product but I have to say the X15 so far is not impressive. I ended up getting a cheap $20 RGB mouse from Gamestop that has been far more reliable. I will see how the update posted here works and report back. Really dissappointed on this one hopefully the update will turn it around.
2022/06/24 08:54:52
zapoqx
rahorton
I am also having the same issue. I wanted to go the RMA route. However, the X15 was my only mouse so I opted for the advanced replacement. They wanted $166 hold on my card which seems insane. I can buy the mouse new for 40 bucks on Amazon so I declined against it. I will try the update posted here that is supposed to fix the disconnect issue. 

I have typically had no issues with any EVGA product but I have to say the X15 so far is not impressive. I ended up getting a cheap $20 RGB mouse from Gamestop that has been far more reliable. I will see how the update posted here works and report back. Really dissappointed on this one hopefully the update will turn it around.

I get it.  The X15 sold me when I had comparisons to the Logitech G600.  I didn't have disconnect issues, but I also didn't update to that version that had the issues people were experiencing.  Some claims for disconnection included AMD systems with that bug in the BIOS, but again, I never experienced it, probably because at the time, I didn't have PCIe GEN 4 stuff to initiate the issue (a common denominator).  Now that I do twice over, I have yet to experience anything of the sort.  Having the X15 for a short time and having an issue with it was surprising and semi disappointing, but, like the Z20 Keyboard, there was a few small software issues I had that got corrected with firmware and software updates and I have yet to be disappointed since so the X15 is just a matter of patience in the same way.

Also, $166? Sounds insane!  I went with regular RMA just for the scrolling issue, though I was surprised I got it back at a reasonable time, though I had my G600 to fall back on (even if the scroll button was horrible).  Getting back the X15 has been wonderful with everything working!  Hopefully, your experience becomes better.
2022/06/24 10:08:35
rahorton
zapoqx
rahorton

I get it.  The X15 sold me when I had comparisons to the Logitech G600.  I didn't have disconnect issues, but I also didn't update to that version that had the issues people were experiencing.  Some claims for disconnection included AMD systems with that bug in the BIOS, but again, I never experienced it, probably because at the time, I didn't have PCIe GEN 4 stuff to initiate the issue (a common denominator).  Now that I do twice over, I have yet to experience anything of the sort.  Having the X15 for a short time and having an issue with it was surprising and semi disappointing, but, like the Z20 Keyboard, there was a few small software issues I had that got corrected with firmware and software updates and I have yet to be disappointed since so the X15 is just a matter of patience in the same way.

Also, $166? Sounds insane!  I went with regular RMA just for the scrolling issue, though I was surprised I got it back at a reasonable time, though I had my G600 to fall back on (even if the scroll button was horrible).  Getting back the X15 has been wonderful with everything working!  Hopefully, your experience becomes better.

Ya 166, was insane. That is the most expensive advanced replacement hold I have ever seen. I just updated to the latest version of RGB unleashed. Its obviously nothing I can say if it has resolved the issue or not but will see.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account