2022/05/05 23:27:27
zapoqx
Well its a good thing I checked in here first.  I just got my X15 and wanted to set it up, but before hooking it up, I wanted to make sure there wasn't issues.
So are we in agreement that 1.0.13 is the safest software to use?
I can't tell what firmware the mouse is running since it keeps wanting to upgrade.

Edit: I looked through the archives and saw 1.0.13 had the 1.28 Firmware that seemed to be discussed as the safe firmware and just made sure I was running 1.0.13.  So far, seems good.  Will someone update us when it seems safe after the 1.0.16 is released?  Would not like to lose out on such an upgrade from my new X15 over the G600.
2022/05/06 09:56:21
Lupini
Hoggle
Have you tried making sure that the motherboard drivers are the latest version and the latest bios? I remember hearing that some AMD users had problems with USB devices.

Thank you, I did update the motherboard (ASUS/AMD).  So far, no disconnects for the last couple days.  I'm still having the problem from the other thread where it randomly just doesn't work, but it's not completely disconnecting anymore.

Edited: after 3 days of no disconnects, it's doing it again.  Plus, sometimes it doesn't disconnect, but just goes dead.
2022/05/10 09:30:08
Saberous
zapoqx
Well its a good thing I checked in here first.  I just got my X15 and wanted to set it up, but before hooking it up, I wanted to make sure there wasn't issues.
So are we in agreement that 1.0.13 is the safest software to use?
I can't tell what firmware the mouse is running since it keeps wanting to upgrade.

Edit: I looked through the archives and saw 1.0.13 had the 1.28 Firmware that seemed to be discussed as the safe firmware and just made sure I was running 1.0.13.  So far, seems good.  Will someone update us when it seems safe after the 1.0.16 is released?  Would not like to lose out on such an upgrade from my new X15 over the G600.

Where did you find the archives? Was there a download for the firmware 1.28?
2022/05/10 09:46:36
zapoqx
Saberous

Where did you find the archives? Was there a download for the firmware 1.28?

In the downloads section, I just told it to show all versions.  As far as finding the firmware, its actually in the folder for the firmware.  I opened up the installers as an archive and saw the files to make sure and found the 1.0.13 had 1.28 Firmware.  Not sure if downgrade is going to work as been mentioned here.
2022/05/11 15:21:42
elvinmagical
I was able to downgrade my mouse firmware with the following steps:
  1. Download EVGA Unleash RGB software version 1.0.13.0:
  2. Extract the EXE file to a new folder using 7-Zip
  3. Open Library\X15RGBLibrary.dll with a binary-safe text editor (Notepad++)
  4. Search for the string "X15_v1.28.bin", which is the last good firmware file as of now (the file itself can be found in Firmware folder)
  5. Look for the number after file name ("284"), it's the firmware's internal version and compared with the one from connected mouse
  6. Modify it to become 291 (the latest/buggy firmware v1.34 has internal version of 290, according to Library\X15RGBLibrary.dll found in driver version 1.0.15.0)
  7. Quit any running EVGA driver, run extracted UnleashRGB.exe, it will attempt a firmware "update" (downgrade to v1.28) because mouse-reported firmware version is 290, lower than 291
  8. After finishing the update, the driver will attempt to update again (this time it's 284 < 291), cancel it
  9. Voila! Your X15 mouse firmware is now downgraded to v1.28.
The 1.0.13.0 driver can then be installed normally. Don't forget to disable auto-update this time.
(EVGA, please don't patch it in a future release. We need this trick to prevent other undesired firmware updates done accidentally.)
2022/05/11 15:38:56
Bensikrac
elvinmagical
  4. Search for the string "X15_v1.28.bin", which is the last good firmware file as of now (the file itself can be found in Firmware folder)
  5. Look for the number after file name ("284"), it's the firmware's internal version and compared with the one from connected mouse
  6. Modify it to become 291 (the latest/buggy firmware v1.34 has internal version of 290, according to Library\X15RGBLibrary.dll found in driver version 1.0.15.0)
  7. Quit any running EVGA driver, run extracted UnleashRGB.exe, it will attempt a firmware "update" (downgrade to v1.28) because mouse-reported firmware version is 290, lower than 291
  8. After finishing the update, the driver will attempt to update again (this time it's 284 < 291), cancel it
The 1.0.13.0 driver can then be installed normally. Don't forget to disable auto-update this time.
(EVGA, please don't patch it in a future release. We need this trick to prevent other undesired firmware updates done accidentally.)

Bet you did quite some digging around to figure it out. Why didn't I think of the simple solution of tricking the updater to force an update by supplying false information to it? Anyways thank you for sharing this information with us, could be helpful in the future.

2022/05/12 10:14:46
Lupini
elvinmagical

I tried this. The X15RGBLibrary.dll non-text code (ASCII possibly?  I'm not a coder) with one text line at the top that reads "This program cannot be run in DOS."  I can't identify a line for the bin file.  I am using Notepad ++ (not just Notepad or Word).
2022/05/12 10:50:31
ZexenFendragon
elvinmagical

Thanks, resolved my issues this way.

Fix your crap EVGA!

Lupini
I tried this. The X15RGBLibrary.dll non-text code (ASCII possibly?  I'm not a coder) with one text line at the top that reads "This program cannot be run in DOS."  I can't identify a line for the bin file.  I am using Notepad ++ (not just Notepad or Word).

Search for the line by using these settings.

PS: You also need the HEX-Editor plugin for N++
2022/05/12 13:59:29
Lupini
ZexenFendragon

Lupini

Search for the line by using these settings.

PS: You also need the HEX-Editor plugin for N++

Thank you, I got the plugin installed, and swapped views.  Did the edit, did the steps...fail.  I still have v1.34 firmware. Tried it again, just in case.  Even tried the Unleashed 1.0.11.0 that I had from my first installation.  No joy.

Lol, and while writing this it disconnected.

Thanks all for tips, but I'm tapping out and ordering a different mouse. We shouldn't have to be doing these deep dives, and no input or response from EVGA on it.  I'm at the point where it's replace this one, or get replaced in my regular play groups.  Sad, because I liked the layout of the buttons.  But this granny gamer hasn't got enough years left to futz around with stuff like this.  I have players to capture and defeat!

Good luck all!

2022/05/12 14:16:19
lastsamurairick
Now scroll wheel on X15 is like trotting and when i scroll down it scrolls up but with jumping scrolls not smooth. This RMA no doubt just sharing what I am going thru.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account