2022/04/21 17:15:27
MaikoRain
Bensikrac
How do you downgrade firmware, since there is no option for it in unleash? Do you install a way older version of unleash or how?
Edit: by the way it doesn't matter that the driver (Unleash Software) only says windows 11 because when you look in the download center every version is backwards compatible up to windows 7 (idk why windows 8 is missing) due to the download link being the same.

Ok I uninstalled unleash and installed an older version.
I have x15 mouse Firmware V1.28
Unleash v1.0.8

My mouse has been working fine since then
2022/04/22 04:03:50
Bensikrac
MaikoRain
Unleash v1.0.8

Did you have the v1.34 firmware installed on your mouse already before downgrading or did you just install an older unleash? Because I don't get the option to downgrade the firmware to V1.28, and even uninstalling and installing older unleashes doesn't downgrade my mouse.
2022/04/23 19:42:04
iamSneaky
Bensikrac
MaikoRain
Unleash v1.0.8

Did you have the v1.34 firmware installed on your mouse already before downgrading or did you just install an older unleash? Because I don't get the option to downgrade the firmware to V1.28, and even uninstalling and installing older unleashes doesn't downgrade my mouse.

Honestly, it makes no difference, happened to me with older versions of Unleash and older Firmware
as well as the latest Firmware. Tends to happen for me mostly when I play a game and at the most
inconvenient times (figures).
Kind of figuring there is something hardware related otherwise there is really no excuse for EVGA
to not have fixed this yet with Software/Firmware updates.
Sad really as I actually like the mouse all up but this issue is too much of a pain to have to constantly deal with.
Went back to my Corsair Scimitar yesterday.

2022/04/29 18:22:12
Lupini
I wasn't having problems until the latest firmware update, and now I'm getting disconnected frequently.  This issue kind of defeats having a gaming mouse for gaming.  I now don't trust the mouse enough to be in any sort of structured group content because they can't count on me.

Rolling back the Unleashed software didn't help.  I really liked the circular layout of these buttons--I could just roll my thumb to hit a button.  But I'm looking at other gaming mice now.
2022/04/29 19:41:46
Hoggle
Have you tried making sure that the motherboard drivers are the latest version and the latest bios? I remember hearing that some AMD users had problems with USB devices.
2022/04/29 22:30:39
Niku-Sama
I dont know if you saw in my thread but i had sent mine in for an RMA and i got a different one back.
when i plugged it in it wanted to update the firmware and i told it no, and used it for about a week with out any issues.

i had to change some mouse settings for a game i started playing again and had to install the firmware and while its only been a few days it still seems to be working fine

i think you should hit them up for an RMA, their process is a little different but when you get to where you need to be it wont be so bad. i wasnt in a hurry so i sent it pretty cheap but it only took a few days to get the replacement.

i had found my old mouse to use in the mean time but i was getting ready to hit up a thrift/charity shop for something to use if i didnt have it still.

If something changes i'll update my thread but if you dont see any news then its working still
2022/05/02 10:39:06
Bensikrac
I have RMAd it, and it seems to work fine with V1.28 firmware. Didn't update Unleash to 1.0.15.0 though, since it would have flashed a newer firmware to the mouse. For the issue with the FPS drops in Valorant I have figured out, that I didn't enable the raw input buffer in the settings, which fixed the issue, that 8000 polling rate really dropped the FPS sometimes.
Here is the setting:
Also about the RMA:
I was literally forced to do it, since I managed to brick the firmware of the mouse. I wanted to flash the firmware back to V1.28, where the problems didn't exist. I figured out, that in the Unleash installation directory there is this FirmwareUpdate.exe. I only needed the command line arguments for it, to make it work, which I got from venturing a little into reverse engineering. I tried running it, but it always failed, due to some unknown error. Therefore as dumb as I am I started calling random methods to debug the issue. I got to the point where the mouse would reset and reconnect, which was good. The only thing I failed at, is that after calling another method, the mouse wouldn't reset anymore. Even after plugging it back in, it would stay off. I thought, I had broke it. In my despair, I did some quick googling to figure out, that by pressing the scroll wheel while plugging in the mouse, it would enter some kind of recovery state, thereby being recognized again by windows. Though without functionality, by searching the vendor ID out of device manager for the newly connected USB device, I got to know the company that makes the microcontrollers for the mouse, which in this case is NXP Semiconductors. They have a thing called blhost, with that you can talk to the mouse and flash firmware onto it. I tried to flash the binary files found in the Unleash directory, but it didn't work either. I tried hard to figure out, why it didn't work, but I couldn't. So as the last resort I asked the support, if they could maybe help me reflash the mouse. They said, that I need to RMA the mouse, which I found a little bit counterproductive, since at that time I still thought, that it is a software only issue. In hindsight, the disconnects could have also been caused by a hardware defect, which would also explain, why the mouse wouldn't turn on anymore, even though I didn't call the flash firmware method while debugging. So finally I agreed to the RMA, which worked flawlessly, so I have another X15 now (which has the V1.28 firmware luckily).
In conclusion this was all caused by the fact, that there is no real way to revert the firmware to previous versions using some sort of tool provided by EVGA. So it would be helpful to provide some sort of tool do troubleshoot this kind of situation, to prevent unnecessary RMAs.

BTW, I am still wondering, if it was a software or hardware defect, and/or why flashing the binary, that the FirmwareUpdate.exe also flashes, doesn't work, since I am quite interested in computer science and electronics.
2022/05/04 05:08:27
iamSneaky
Bensikrac, I applaud you for going to such lengths to troubleshoot the issue.
Seems as though you have done FAR MORE than EVGA have even attempted.
The fact of the matter is that this should NOT be necessary!
EVGA should be doing a call back with free shipping and then refund or ship back ONLY after
they have remedied the issue.
EVGA are actually good when they have random RMA issues with products but if there is
a definite fault with a particular line of product they always end up screwing over the customer.
I'm still sour over the X79 FTW motherboard fiasco where I got screwed over for hundreds of dollars
in postage RMAing faulty boards only to be told I had to spend hundreds more to be
upgraded to the working X79 Dark.
Sadly, I've now gotten to the point where the only EVGA product I will even consider buying are there GPU's.
That is one component they have been consistently on top with.
Please EVGA, start R&Ding your products more before release!

2022/05/04 05:25:14
Bensikrac
Well luckily I got it for free from a giveaway on their stream, so I only paid 5€ in package cost back to EVGA. I could have even gone with like 3€, but that was uninsured and untracked, which was a little too risky. And honestly, doing all that stuff just to fix it, was a learning experience for me, since I want to become a software/hardware engineer of some sorts. And also a distraction from learning for the Abitur, which are the final exams of the school in Germany. But I still find it, that if EVGA f*ed up something, they are also obliged to fix it.
2022/05/05 12:49:20
Saberous
So I take it EVGA hasn't even admitted that there is an issue with it's software/mouse? Thinking software as that's what my testing points too.

Any who. Since after the Unleash RGB update to v.1.0.15 and two firmware updates on 4/11/2022.  I've been having the x15 mouse just randomly disconnecting and the Unleash RGB application crash/locking up the PC, which requires a end task of the application or a hard reboot to resolve the issue. At first it was a couple of times a day but now it's close to 8 times a day.

The last known good version that worked for me without this issue was v1.0.13.0. I rolled back to this version.  Set the application to never check for updates. This worked for the first day. I had no dc's at all that day after software role back.  I was unable to find the firmware versions. I was hoping to roll back and test. The next day I powered on my PC. Once I logged in the unleash rgb application started to update to v.1.0.15 which I couldn't cancel. Options were grayed out. Task Manager failed to end the task. After the update, I went to go and roll back to v1.0.13.0. when the mouse immediately dc'ed causing a hard crash. System reboot required. At this point I unplugged the x15 and went back to my previous mouse Corsair Nightsword, and started my pc.

Once in the OS I disabled the EVGA Unleashed RGB startup, deselected start with OS. Exited the application and verified with Task Manager the software wasn't running. Half way threw that day, I was playing a COD game, and I heard the plug and play noise and my system hung for a moment and then I heard the windows error noise. I was able to exit out of game, and saw a windows error stating that Evga Unleashed RGB application had failed with a code like 0x0000..... I was surprised as the app wasn't suppose to be running. Uninstalled the EVGA Unleashed RGB application and have had no issues since.

So after that error, I tested the x15 mouse on three different devices with no EVGA Unleashed RGB installed. Just running the basic windows mouse driver. I have had no issues with the mouse dcing.
Makes me think v.1.0.15 driver is porked.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account