2022/02/25 21:27:46
Cancel077
Hello all,

I had to RMA my 3080ti hybrid cooler ftw3 kit because the pump was making awfully loud rattle noise. I had a choice between standard RMA and Cross-ship. I decided crosship because it was the most convenient method. However, you don't see many positive reviews online and as a Canadian I've seen a lot of negative, complaining reviews/comments about the cross-ship. So I wanted to provide my own (positive) feedback for anyone in the future thinking about using cross-ship RMA from Canada!

Timeline as follows:

Feb 3, 2022: I call request the RMA. I receive an email request notification (step 1 of 3).

Feb 4: RMA is approved (step 2 of 3). Must pay collateral. $119.99+119.99 = $239.98 US. Paid visa, this comes out to be $314.63 CAD after exchange that day. Collateral confirmed once paid (step 3 of 3). I paid this Friday night, so business is closed.

Feb 7: Replacement is shipped first thing Monday morning (PST).

Feb 9: I live in Ontario. Was suppose to receive it Wednesday, 2 days later! Unfortunately, UPS somehow forgot me and sent my package to the city east of me in Quebec (NOT evgas fault).

Feb 11: Received my package end day (Friday).

Feb 14: Monday morning, sent my old cooler back to EVGA via ups standard thanks to the UPS label provided by EVGA.

Feb 21: EVGA receives my return package from UPS. And approves a refund that day.

Feb 22: refund posted on my VISA. Although, officially I did not see it until today, Friday Feb 25. Return was $296.66 CAD. A little down because of the exchange.

So overall, this experience with EVGA was awesome. I would completely recommend cross-ship. I was able to use my product with minimal downtime. Was able to see how they packaged it (since I forgot how it came when I bought it). I actually reused my screws and everything I had, so it was easy. Didn't need to think of what I needed to return. And most importantly, shipping it back was pretty much free. $17 bucks later I got a replacement. Still cheaper than if I shipped it myself with insurance. And if the dollar was a little up today I would of got my money back completely.

Only thing is, like everyone says, I wish that EVGA would just pre-authorize the charge and not actually charge it. Not sure why actually charging is needed. If you need to charge someone for whatever reason then you can still do it. Otherwise, this is was super fast. 2 day shipping coast to coast. Refund received within the week of them receiving my item. No issues whatsoever. I hope this helps whoever reads this in making your decision on which service to use!

P.S. Replacements are usually refurbished items. Mine was a refurb (I confirmed it because I asked). But I absolutely do not have issues with it because it goes under a good QC process. And as long as my replacement works I don't care. For my replacement, you can tell the pump was brand new. So they probably just reused the housing which looked brand new. All accessories were new as well. Eitherway, my replacement is silent just like when I bought my cooler brand new. (I just hope it stays silent for years to come!)

Cheers! (if you have any questions, just ask).

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account