2022/05/28 14:27:33
Jomama22
Byrkster
Good Morning. I finally have mine and have everything running. but I get a lot of whining while moving the mouse and if I drag a window around the desktop it is very noticeable. BUT LOVE THE BOARD!!! Would hate to send it back :( Any help as to where I should go to find help would be great as I have never posted anything to a forum before. 

Have a great day!

It's coil whine. Take it or leave it. Nothing wrong with the board if that is what you are wondering.
2022/07/15 09:33:27
Tom Sunday
Was wondering about the comment here..."It's coil whine. Take it or leave it. Nothing wrong with the board." So how can one fix this? A bigger PSU perhaps? Living with coil-whine sounds terrible! 

2022/07/16 09:30:42
Byrkster
Thanks Tom Sunday.
The sound comes from the IO area. Happens during boot, watching movies on youtube when an app starts up. When I move a window around the desktop it really whines. I have been wearing a set of headphones now. I will look into getting a higher watt power supply but I am using a EVGA SuperNOVA 1000. I was told from EVGA to record the whine and send the file to them, just waiting for my mic to come in. And yes the sound is terrible, not load just really annoying specially after paying as much as I did. 
SPECS:
> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000
> Mainboard: EVGA Z690 DARK KINGPIN
> CPU: Intel Core i9-12900KF
> AIO: ARTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 RGB 
> Physical Memory: G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 5600
> Monitor: LG 32" 32GN650-B Ultra Gear 1ms 165Hz HDR10
> Video Card: EVGA 3080 TI 

Thanks
2022/07/17 16:23:18
Tom Sunday
Byrkster 
Thanks Tom Sunday. The sound comes from the IO area. Happens during boot, watching movies on youtube when an app starts up. When I move a window around the desktop it really whines. 

Thanks for your follow-up comments. They do shed a lot more light on the subject. I never expected (nor heard) that such a sound could come or resonate through an IO area. I hope you can sort this out with EVGA. When I first started to specifying and building my first EVGA system (including a 3090ti) I went for a 1600 Watt PSU and thought to myself that I was crazy in doing so. Talk about overkill. Now I read that the premium 4090 generation GPU’s eating 1600 Watt for breakfast given some of their spiking habbits, etc! What ever the case maybe I hope that you will post the final solution and outcome to the problem here in the forums and in how EVGA has indentified with the issue. Just perhaps it will be as easy as beefing-up your 1000 Watt PSU after EVGA has rendered their verdict! That of course would be the best solution and not having to face a (RMA) replacement KP MB install! 

2022/07/18 08:30:49
kingpinamar
What case are you guys putting this in??

I got the thermaltake p8 and it still barely fits with hardly any room for cables
2022/07/18 11:49:07
Tom Sunday
kingpinamar What case are you guys putting this in??

I had a very tight fit and experience using the Phantek EVOLV X. Too tight for comfort, my sausage fingers still hurting, but nice to look at! Even though PCPartPicker swearing that a Kingpin will fit quite nicely! Wish I would have used the 1000D from Corsair or the venerable Cosmos C700M. Although 1000D parts are now ‘extremely’ hard to find and with most having to be sourced from overseas! So be aware. Basically a true EATX case has to be it for the KP and nothing in-between. Bigger interior space also means better airflow as well! I also looked at the Phanteks Enthoo Elite Black, but a cool $900 is a hard nut to swallow. But the 'Enthoo Elite' is probably it in both size and quality! But PC cases as you know are like women and probably the most difficult decision to be made by many in building a new system. Like my blond girlfriend who has all of the fine visual attributes, ample curves, then walking that walk and talking that talk. So very selfishly and egotistical put…what’s in-between her ears does not really count in many regards. For that matter many enthusiasts actually replace or flipping their PC enclosure every 2-years as to maintaining (or exercising) their building-experience and at the same time getting the look of essentially a new PC. This is most likely what I will do besides some selective updating as well and improving on my cable management! Just maybe sometime soon the Enthoo Elite and which ships in its own suitcase will drop to a digestible price and for me to jump with joy!  
2022/08/10 04:34:01
lascivious1
kingpinamar
What case are you guys putting this in??

I got the thermaltake p8 and it still barely fits with hardly any room for cables

I'm sure you already figured it out. But, I had to customize my case= cut. Not a big deal I normally customize all my builds. But I love this case. Once you get it set right cooling is sweet and spacious.
2022/08/22 14:44:19
cfieldo3
Best Recommended Memory to use?

I am using Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x32GB) 5200MHz C40

I am just putting my build together and started some easy light bench marking.

Specs:
Intel Core i9 12900K
Noctua NH-D15 chromax Black Cooling
Memory (above)
EVGA Dark KingPin z690 MoBo
EVGA 1600watt PSU
EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3090 Ti GPU
ADATA S70 m.2 SSD 2TB

I thank you in advance. This machine is really only for playing COD Warzone, lol, Go Big or go home. 
2024/01/09 20:05:43
EvgaUser2711201
Hello can I speak with the bios team 
2024/01/17 14:54:54
ty_ger07
There is no BIOS team.  The whole motherboard division were no longer needed.  The only BIOS team that theoretically exists is anyone EVGA decided to subcontract to, and it is clear that isn't happening. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account