2022/01/10 14:53:25
EVGA_Lee
These BIOS updates patch an Intel security vulnerability:

BIOS 1.09 Updates 

• Update ME firmware to 11.8.90.3987v9.1 for Intel security vulnerability.
**Please update this BIOS version only via the Windows Installation method. Failure to do so may cause the BIOS to crash and no longer boot.**

Windows Installation
  • Download the correct .zip file below for your motherboard:        
         134-KS-E279-KR - EVGA Z270 Classified K
         132-KS-E277-KR - EVGA Z270 FTW
         111-KS-E272-KR - EVGA Z270 Stinger

• First go into your BIOS and load defaults, save and exit
  • Close all open programs.
  • Go into the folder where you unzipped this package and double-click update.bat
  • Press Y to start the flash process
  • DO NOT TURN OFF POWER OR RESET DURING THE FLASH PROCESS
  • After the flashing is finished, the system will automatically shut down. Then power on again and go into BIOS to setup.
  • NOTE: If the flash box immediately closes after flash attempt, the flash may need to be run from a CMD prompt with administrator privileges or DOS version.

Please let me know if anyone runs into problems with this update.  Thanks!
2022/01/10 21:35:42
Knightviper
Just tried to update my BIOS and got this message
Windows protected your PC
Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognised app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.

Application:update.batPublisher: Unknown publisher 
2023/01/05 03:48:53
Jonnytd005
Downloaded this update via the official evga driver page, which didnt mention any of the info in this forum post.. that this was an update you do ON windows. I did what I've done with every other update for this board and updated via bios with a flash drive and now its bricked. What are my options to get this booting again? Do I have to replace the chip at this point?
2023/01/05 05:25:43
rjohnson11
Jonnytd005
Downloaded this update via the official evga driver page, which didnt mention any of the info in this forum post.. that this was an update you do ON windows. I did what I've done with every other update for this board and updated via bios with a flash drive and now its bricked. What are my options to get this booting again? Do I have to replace the chip at this point?

Turn off the PC and remove power from the PC at the wall socket. Remove the motherboard battery. Reset the CMOS. Wait 15 minutes. Replace the battery, plug the PC back into the wall socket power. See if the motherboard is still bricked. Otherwise, you'll need to contact EVGA tech support. 
2023/01/05 13:41:43
Jonnytd005
Board is still bricked after steps specified above. Update has corrupted my board

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account