2022/01/10 12:11:01
EVGA_Lee
New Updates for Z390 Motherboards today.  Patches an Intel security vulnerability:

BIOS 1.10 (E399 Dark) / 1.11 (E397 FTW)
  • Update ME firmware to 12.0.85.1869v9.1 for Intel security vulnerability.

Windows Installation
  • Download the correct .zip file below for your motherboard:        
         131-CS-E399-KR - EVGA Z390 Dark - v1.10
         123-CS-E397-KR - EVGA Z390 FTW - v1.11
  • First go into your BIOS and load defaults, save and exit
  • Close all open programs.
  • Go into the folder where you unzipped this package and double-click update.bat
  • Press Y to start the flash process
  • DO NOT TURN OFF POWER OR RESET DURING THE FLASH PROCESS
  • After the flashing is finished, the system will automatically shut down. Then power on again and go into BIOS to setup.
  • NOTE: If flash box immediately closes after flash attempt, the flash may need to be ran from a CMD prompt with administrator privileges or DOS version.

BIOS Installation
  • Extract the contents of .zip file to USB flash drive (must be formatted as FAT32)
  • Reboot the machine and go into the system BIOS
  • From the BIOS, navigate to the Save & Exit tab and open "Select BIOS File."
  • Select the .bin file you wish to flash.

Please let me know if anyone runs into problems with this update.  Thanks!
2022/01/10 17:32:44
MhzManiac
V1.11 link did not work for me. Had to go to the support section.
2022/01/10 17:56:53
EVGA_Lee
MhzManiac
V1.11 link did not work for me. Had to go to the support section.

Fixed.  Thanks.
2022/02/28 06:04:11
d.burnette
Is this 1.10 update not available for the Z390 Dark anymore? The link does not work and if I go to support site it only gives me version 1.09.
Never mind I think I found it.

Edit: Nope says incorrect image file - no idea where to find bios 1.10 for Z390 Dark. Cmon EVGA fix the links. Trying to find this bios is like finding a needle in a haystack. Already loaded defaults and can't get the bios.
2022/02/28 06:55:34
d.burnette
Ok finally found it doing a search through EVGA downloads, took a bit though. Have now successfully updated my Z90 Dark.
2022/02/28 10:08:00
EVGA_Lee
Must have been a bit of a hiccup on our file server or you picked a time when maintenance was being done to it.  I didn't change the links, and it seems like it's downloading now, so maybe it was just a gremlin.
2022/03/01 04:00:45
d.burnette
EVGATech_LeeM
Must have been a bit of a hiccup on our file server or you picked a time when maintenance was being done to it.  I didn't change the links, and it seems like it's downloading now, so maybe it was just a gremlin.

Still not downloading from the link for me Lee. I checked with both Chrome and Edge.
2022/03/01 09:29:43
EVGA_Lee
d.burnette
EVGATech_LeeM

Still not downloading from the link for me Lee. I checked with both Chrome and Edge.

Try clearing your browser cache.  If you have a failed download sometimes, it stays cached for a while (it even happens to me when setting up the drivers to go on the website).  You can also try copy/pasting the link in a private/incognito mode window.

If you still get a broken link, let me know and I'll clear the cache from our side.

2022/03/01 09:48:42
d.burnette
Well it is not a big deal for me now as I was able to get the bios and update with it by searching your website for it. No worries.
2022/04/15 13:56:40
ETA_PRIME
Error in post

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account