• Software
  • Anyone use Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC?
2022/01/06 08:17:43
OCF4n
Windows 10 function updates starting to piss me off. Last 2 Times I did install the function update I think it was 20H2,.. I had to reinstall programs to work again. And of course after every function update there's new bloatware you need to remove afterwards. Really annoying..
So I'm thinking of getting a LTSC license to get rid of this. (And yes I know you can't buy these "officially" but there are ways to get them legally)

Has anyone experience with the LTSC version? How is it for gaming?

It should be better in theory I suppose because telemetry services and bloatware services are gone.
2022/01/17 14:01:18
OCF4n
Nobody, really?!
2022/01/17 20:29:04
XrayMan

Sorry man. I sure don't.    :/
2022/01/30 01:53:09
Alenze
OCF4n
Nobody, really?!

I am running W10 LTSC 1809 with OS build 17763.2458 on my desktop as well as laptop

Everything is much more clean, gaming is identical, drivers work the same for me for what I need/use. Cortana, windows store and the other bloat are not present. If you really need windows store, you can install it and still be happy with the other bloat missing. You will also not get any surprise update restarts mid gaming as you can control the updates much better (and there aren't as many as frequently).
If you want something as close to w7 in regards to "cleanliness", this is it. Also it has worked flawlessly through every update and nothing broke on me.

In regards to getting the LTSC from microsoft servers etc, go to mydigitallife forums (and that is all i am going to say).
10/10 go LTSC
2022/01/30 02:11:28
rjohnson11
To disable automatic updates on Windows 10 permanently, use these steps:
  1. Open Start.
  2. Search for gpedit.msc and click the top result to launch the Local Group Policy Editor.
  3. Navigate to the following path:
    Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update
  4. Double-click the Configure Automatic Updates policy on the right side.
  5. Check the Disabled option to turn off automatic updates permanently on Windows 10. 
    1. Click the Apply button.
    2. Click the OK button.
    After you complete the steps, the system will stop downloading updates automatically. However, the ability to check for updates manually will continue to be available on Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, and clicking the Check for updates button to download the most recent patches.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account