• EVGA Gaming Mice
  • New entry to the EVGA X Series Gaming Mice The EVGA X12 (p.2)
2022/01/19 12:10:23
B0baganoosh
Just curious (asking for a friend lol), if someone were to plug this into a computer that does not have the Unleash software, do the LEDs just do a rainbow pattern? Do most of the buttons work under Windows's standard driver? What polling rate would it be operating at?

Said friend has been looking for a new ambi-mouse, but wants to use it at work where they can't install any software.
2022/01/19 12:41:03
Nereus
B0baganoosh
Just curious (asking for a friend lol), if someone were to plug this into a computer that does not have the Unleash software, do the LEDs just do a rainbow pattern? Do most of the buttons work under Windows's standard driver? What polling rate would it be operating at?

Said friend has been looking for a new ambi-mouse, but wants to use it at work where they can't install any software.

Yeah plug and play, default is rainbow usually (X12 not released yet so not 100% definite, but highly likely). Without the software to program buttons, the side buttons do browser page forward/back by default I believe. Up to 8K polling rate, but default is probably 1,000 which is pretty standard for gaming mice. Little button on top changes DPI, which is basically mouse sensitivity. All these things should work on Windows drivers I believe.

2022/01/19 13:09:42
B0baganoosh
Nereus

Yeah plug and play, default is rainbow usually (X12 not released yet so not 100% definite, but highly likely). Without the software to program buttons, the side buttons do browser page forward/back by default I believe. Up to 8K polling rate, but default is probably 1,000 which is pretty standard for gaming mice. Little button on top changes DPI, which is basically mouse sensitivity. All these things should work on Windows drivers I believe.

Thanks! Also, it looks like there's a button on the bottom. My X17 doesn't have that. I couldn't find any info to say what that does. If it was an "LEDs OFF" button...we may have a winner here for said friend lol

Edit: I got an answer from Jacob that the bottom button is a profile switch.
2022/01/20 15:27:02
Gen3D73
A wireless version of this mouse would be amazing!
2022/01/25 14:19:47
Pancho78666
notfordman
EVGA_James

EVGA X12 Gaming mouse is the new entry to EVGA's X Series Gaming mice. Using a dual sensor
configuration, LOD sensor paired with a Pixart 3389 optical sensor, the X12 uses an advanced
2-DIMENSION ARRAY TECH to achieve precision readings. Light weight body and paracord usb cable to allow fast reaction and
quick flicks. A USB 2.0 High-Speed 32-bit Arm Cortex-M33 core USB
microprocessor, supporting a native 8000Hz report rate, eight times the standard 1000Hz on
competing gaming mice.
Learn more here: 

Thank you for listening EVGA, a little something for the lefties. Wrong handers unite!! 

YES! If only they made left handed mice with the macro buttons too, but I'll take ambidextrous for now....lol. 
2022/02/09 17:44:45
B.A.Frayd
Weight?
2022/02/21 14:36:17
Gen3D73
I posted a review of this mouse on my YouTube channel, Gen3D Tech.  Spoiler...best aiming mouse I have every used.  A few negatives, but over all a great gaming mouse for the money! Also in reply to the post above, the mouse is 75g's which I verified on my scale.
2022/02/22 05:44:34
Bobmitch
Gen3D73
I posted a review of this mouse on my YouTube channel, Gen3D Tech.  Spoiler...best aiming mouse I have every used.  A few negatives, but over all a great gaming mouse for the money! Also in reply to the post above, the mouse is 75g's which I verified on my scale.

How about a link? Search in Youtube comes up only with  X15 and X17...Found it

2022/02/22 05:59:12
Bobmitch
Good review.  I am left handed...so the issue with the ring finger on my left hand isn't an issue. It hugs the side of the mouse and I do forward and backward with my thumb.  Comfort wise...vs my Logitech G903, it is comparable at a 7/10.  As for the remainder of your review...I pretty much agree.  I have my lighting set to breathing...all in blue.  In order to achieve that...color one is blue and color two is black....then it breathes.  Thanks for spending the time
2022/02/22 06:14:21
lastsamurairick
This Mouse looks very nice.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account