• Software
  • How to make the Windows 10 startup sound play fully?
2021/12/31 00:56:09
yaggaz

I have my Win10 setup to play the Win 7 sound.  I'm sentimental and enjoy nostalgia from better years.   The problem is that when it plays it only plays the first second or so and then it cuts off.     Doing some research reveals other memory intensive programs being loaded in that causes this.  Anybody know of any suggestions to make it so it plays last or something?  Thanks.
2021/12/31 16:28:00
jll544
One way to do it, using a startup shortcut (playing Alarm03.wav for example):
  1. Open your shell:startup folder and create a new shortcut there
  2. Set the shortcut's target to: C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -c (New-Object Media.SoundPlayer "C:\Windows\Media\Alarm03.wav").PlaySync();
  3. Open the shortcut's properties window, and set its Run mode to: Minimized
An alternative would be to use Task Scheduler: create a task with the above command line as the action, trigger set to startup or login, and security set to "Do not store password".
2021/12/31 22:56:35
yaggaz
Thanks for the assist!  It's kind of funny though how you are already in Windows beginning to use it and then the sound starts lol.    I will try the Task scheduler method later and see if it plays sooner.
2022/01/03 18:10:59
XrayMan
jll544
One way to do it, using a startup shortcut (playing Alarm03.wav for example):
  1. Open your shell:startup folder and create a new shortcut there
  2. Set the shortcut's target to: C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -c (New-Object Media.SoundPlayer "C:\Windows\Media\Alarm03.wav").PlaySync();
  3. Open the shortcut's properties window, and set its Run mode to: Minimized
An alternative would be to use Task Scheduler: create a task with the above command line as the action, trigger set to startup or login, and security set to "Do not store password".

Good job.   

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account