• Software
  • Anyone familiar with Asus AI Suite 3 and it's features like Dual Intelligent Processors 5?
2021/12/27 16:38:12
SmookinJoe
Looking to replace my dependency on AI Suite 3
It is something that comes with the Asus Motherboard cd.
It has been around for a long time and for me I like what it can do.
Depending on the motherboard it can become limited and very useless.
The previous picture is from a WS Z390 Pro and it's home screen is great.
The following pic is from a Prime Z390-P and it really doesn't have a full featured "Home Screen" but still has all the features of the first picture (all the important ones).
Whichever tab you choose on the left becomes the "Main screen"
Here is the TurboEVO tab

Here is the Fan Expert 4...which tests all the fans and allows to create your own profiles on the fly..

Best Feature for me

What software do you guys use to monitor and keep your components performing safely?
Can you suggest any programs that do the same thing and are easy to use?
Reason I ask is I think AI Suite 3 features are starting to disappear

2021/12/28 14:58:01
XrayMan

Moved to Software
2021/12/28 14:59:54
SmookinJoe
XrayMan

Moved to Software

Thank You..?

2021/12/30 04:29:51
wmmills
Yes, most of us are familiar with it, which is why we make sure we remove that chunk of shabby coding ASAP.  Really, youll do better without it. There's nothing in there you have to have and what is there can be done by much better apps that wont introduce more bugs.
2021/12/30 05:46:51
SmookinJoe
wmmills
Yes, most of us are familiar with it, which is why we make sure we remove that chunk of shabby coding ASAP.  Really, youll do better without it. There's nothing in there you have to have and what is there can be done by much better apps that wont introduce more bugs.

Lol
Yer not helpin!🤤
Because Yer not suggesting any better software!😎
I have to limit my mobo choices, to ones, that offer the best version of AI Suite 3...
That is why I posted my question.
2021/12/30 07:21:42
bob16314
Everything you can do in AI Suite you should be able do in the BIOS like I can..If some settings aren't available in AI Suite then they probably aren't available in the BIOS either..If you make static/manual adjustments in the BIOS, then there's no reason to have AI Suite running or even installed.

What are you looking to have software contol over?..Fan speeds?..Overclocking?
2021/12/30 16:29:59
SmookinJoe
bob16314
Everything you can do in AI Suite you should be able do in the BIOS like I can..If some settings aren't available in AI Suite then they probably aren't available in the BIOS either..If you make static/manual adjustments in the BIOS, then there's no reason to have AI Suite running or even installed.

Problem with Bios settings is you have to reboot to adjust.
AI Suite settings which are on the fly in windows.
I am looking for software that can do what AI Suite does but on any motherboard(or at least a wide variety)
You ask..What am I looking to have software control over?..Fan speeds?..Overclocking?
Yes...but they need to be...
On the fly settings for...fan speeds, overclocking of cpu and monitoring of each.
I use Precision X1 for gpu settings and monitoring..
2021/12/30 20:03:12
wmmills
SmookinJoe
bob16314

I am looking for software that can do what AI Suite does but on any motherboard(or at least a wide variety)
You ask..What am I looking to have software control over?..Fan speeds?..Overclocking?
On the fly settings for...fan speeds, overclocking of cpu and monitoring of each.

Well, for the cpu the best way to do it for stability's sake is to set it up in the bios, all core then use intels speed step so it will dynamically adjust to the work youre doing. Fans? Case fans? Again, right to mobo with splitters if necessary and dial them in at the bios. If you dont like that, the next best thing is a fan controller like a Lamptron FC2 or better. For the GPU Afterburner is the best app to use. It can monitor temps/clocks/fps etc... of the cpu also but not overclock it. GPU-Z is also good for that.
2021/12/30 20:18:59
SmookinJoe
wmmills
SmookinJoe
bob16314

Well, for the cpu the best way to do it for stability's sake is to set it up in the bios, all core then use intels speed step so it will dynamically adjust to the work youre doing. Fans? Case fans? Again, right to mobo with splitters if necessary and dial them in at the bios. If you dont like that, the next best thing is a fan controller like a Lamptron FC2 or better. For the GPU Afterburner is the best app to use. It can monitor temps/clocks/fps etc... of the cpu also but not overclock it. GPU-Z is also good for that.

I will take them under consideration...Thanks
I have been spoiled by the all in one package that AI Suite can provide and am looking for something that can do it with different motherboards.
My search continues.
2022/01/02 03:22:32
bob16314
For software control over fans connected to the mobo you'll need to use AI Suite..For on-the-fly CPU overclocking other adjustments you can try Intel XTU which should probably work for you..Intel XTU works good here.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account