2021/12/01 14:38:22
lightningfoot
I have been running a 3080 ti FTW3 Ultra for a couple of months and all was fine.  I had to remove the video card to address a usb issue on my motherboard.  When finished I re-assembled my rig and re-installed the video card.  All looked fine.  No red lights on video card, computer booted and works fine for mundane usage.  However, when I ran Time Spy I noticed there was a jerkiness rather than a smooth flow.  Also, my score was down a few thousand points.  I have re-seated the video card, turned off game mode in windows 11 and nothing seems to get my card running like it was before. Also, my maximum temps were 69.4 for my gpu and 80 for the memory junction when running 3DMark (so I don't think the temp[s are an issue). I have an MSI Z490 Ace motherboard, 64 gig of ram memory, an i7 10400k CPU and am running windows 11 x64.  According to HWInfo my maximum GPU power draw was 374.5 W.  That seems within the normal range when benchmarking.  I am at a loss since everything worked so well before I removed and re-installed the car.  I even re-installed it twice to make sure it was firmly seated. Any help will be appreciated. 
2021/12/01 14:48:35
Cool GTX
CK Nvidia control panel - did your settings change ?

Did MS sneak an update or new Nvidia drive onto your rig?

cK GPU-Z & look @ sensor tab while running a benchmark - for clues of what the limit is

- no issues in Device Manager ?

2021/12/01 15:12:46
Sajin
What did you work on when you removed the card? Did the motherboard have to be replaced?
2021/12/01 15:35:57
Kingofroam
Cool GTX
CK Nvidia control panel - did your settings change ?

Did MS sneak an update or new Nvidia drive onto your rig?

cK GPU-Z & look @ sensor tab while running a benchmark - for clues of what the limit is

- no issues in Device Manager ?

Sajin
What did you work on when you removed the card? Did the motherboard have to be replaced?

These are both amazing places to start, just had an issue with performance on my card. I was sure it was hardware related, but it indeed was software.
2021/12/01 15:47:38
lightningfoot
Motherboard was not replaced.  I unplugged and replugged a double usb cable for the usb ports on the top front of my computer bequiet 900 pro case.  That did not fix the usb issue only 1 of 3 ports working.  As to Cool GTX, nothing seems to have change on my device manager, MS did not sneak a driver as I did a clean install for geoforce 472.12.  GPPU-Z image of max data during 3dmark is attached:

Sorry image is so small. When I tried to list the link to  it wouldn't let me  
2021/12/01 16:01:57
Cool GTX
you have the MAX captured & not "live" capture

What software are you running for the test ?

PerfCap Reason  is at idle ?
GPU did hit 2025 GHz - earlier

GPU load 100% at some point
2021/12/01 16:12:10
lightningfoot
I used 3dMark, Time Spy.  I thought the max numbers would be indicative of what happened during the benchmark.  When I try to capture it live time spy quits.
2021/12/01 16:24:16
kraade
Looks like the card ramped up when it was poled by 3d mark then it stays idle when the test starts, needs more info
2021/12/01 16:26:27
lightningfoot
My problem is I am not sure what all of the numbers mean and which data is not normal.

2021/12/01 16:26:46
CraptacularOne
What was your previous score vs the current score?

Also there is no such thing as a i7 10400K CPU, did you mean a 10700K? If it's a "10400" CPU you have it's a 6 core 12 thread CPU with no overclocking support

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account