2021/11/29 11:55:25
rblaes_99
I always do a clean install with only one single HDD installed... then add the others in later.  Windows tends to sneak files onto the other drives and I always wanted a clean dedicated OS drive.  

in fact, new build I don't install anything but the minimum to boot.  one c: HDD, one stack of RAM.  not even a video card at first.  I don't even mount the motherboard yet....  all done on cardboard box it shipped in.  
2021/11/29 16:53:33
geforce10
rblaes_99
I always do a clean install with only one single HDD installed... then add the others in later.  Windows tends to sneak files onto the other drives and I always wanted a clean dedicated OS drive.  

in fact, new build I don't install anything but the minimum to boot.  one c: HDD, one stack of RAM.  not even a video card at first.  I don't even mount the motherboard yet....  all done on cardboard box it shipped in.  

Not sure if this will help ya, but when I first got my Z590 FTW, and tried to do a fresh install Windows on my new M.2 SSD, it showed in the bios, but Windows did not see it, and therefore would not install to it....Turns out, I had a fairly old copy of Windows 10.  Downloaded the latest from Microsoft onto a Flash drive, and problem solved.....
2021/11/29 19:43:00
Thorbans
thanks for all of the suggestions, I gave up on trying to get the drive to show and just installed windows on the new M.2 drive

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account