• EVGA Z590 Series
  • Need some help trying to find an annoying issue on a new EVGA Z590 Dark, 11900k. (p.3)
2021/11/26 09:08:13
Sajin
Beeps are most likely usb devices being detected.
2021/11/26 10:09:34
JimBeamBlack
 Yeah, thats what I thought, I've read through so many forum post threads about this 11900k/Z590 and their "issues" that I have forgotten most of what I don't have notes for.

Well, I have contacted tech support for the board, maybe they can help me diagnose this, I also posted over at the MS Bluescreen forums a log file as well, hopefully one of those 2 things can point me to the problem. If it's the CPU so be it, I might RAM it, or run over it with my truck....lol, no I will RMA it.

For now, I'm going to delete the partition and try a windows 11 reinstall, THIS TIME I'm going to let windows install the chipset drivers for whatever they find nessessary, as many of these drivers I have may not be windows 11 compatible for all I know.

I truly appreciate everyone taking the time to ry to help a brother out. It's why I keep coming back. Hopefully if I ever figure this out I can treturnm the favor and help someone else one day.

2021/11/26 11:34:09
wmmills
I would say take it off xmp and put it on manual cause your ram voltage is wrong too...it should be set to 1.35 not 1.45, that's way too much which xmp is known to do. Do the first 4 timings as 18-22-22-42 and put the rest on auto with the command rate at the bottom set to 2, then hit the save and reset.
2021/11/26 14:40:40
JimBeamBlack
wmmills
I would say take it off xmp and put it on manual cause your ram voltage is wrong too...it should be set to 1.35 not 1.45, that's way too much which xmp is known to do. Do the first 4 timings as 18-22-22-42 and put the rest on auto with the command rate at the bottom set to 2, then hit the save and reset.

Just to be clear,
Set my ram manually to 3600
change the voltage back to 1.35
set: (in the order in the BIOS)
TCL to 18
TRCD/TRP to 22
TRAS to 22
TRAD_S to 42
and THEN the rest to auto except for command rate which will be set to 2
?

Because that is the first 4 settings in the row....

2021/11/26 21:45:06
Sajin
JimBeamBlack
wmmills

Just to be clear,
TCL to 18
TRCD/TRP to 22
TRAS to 22
TRAD_S to 42
?

I don't think setting your ram manually will help since you tried the bios at default settings which will set the ram really slow for stability. If you would like to try it anyways I would do the following...

1.35v
First four 18-22-22-42
Command Rate 1.
2021/11/26 22:00:02
wmmills
JimBeamBlack
wmmills

Just to be clear,
TCL to 18
TRCD/TRP to 22
TRAS to 22
TRAD_S to 42
?

I see now its 3200 ram sticks after i seen saj's post, i thought they were 3600's. So still go manual, the way you listed it above, but input the voltage and timings that are listed on the sticks, but id still do a command rate of 2 for now while your trying to figure this out cause two is much easier to get stability with than 1. That at least explains why it was over volting your sticks so high. Im sorry brotha i wasnt being as careful with your specs as i should have been. Sorry for any confusion.
2021/11/26 22:03:16
Sajin
He actually has 3600. It says it right there in his bios. I only suggested 3200 because that is what his cpu recommends as the max frequency for ram.
2021/11/26 22:27:19
JimBeamBlack
 This is something I don't understand, change the "first 4" 

The first 4 timing settings on my board are:
TCL 
TRCD/TRP
TRAS
TRAD_S 

Are these the "4" you are referring to? Because the BIOS says you can ONLY pick a factor between 1 and 15 for TRAD_S, and THAT would be the 4th timing setting which everyone is telling me to change to 42.

I think It's supposed to be like this:
TCL - 18
TRCD/TRP - 22  <--- THIS equals both the T RCD AND TRP, which is 2 timing settings in one??
TRAS - 42

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::  

BUT it doesn't matter anyway, because I went down and picked up a 11700k today and it's doing the exact same thing, so it's definitely NOT the CPU or the socket, I looked over the socket with a magnifying glass today, it's in pristine condition. And since both the ram and the CPU check out under extreme stress, it's GOT to be an issue with the motherboard/chipset.
 I found that the system (the one I am on right now) will lock instantly when I try to install the Intel Serial IO driver, and I mean instantly.....THAT has got to be a problem with the motherboard.

So new CPU
Moved the M.2 to a Gen 3 slot
Reinstalled windows FULLY.

still, crashes when I try to install ANY intel chipset driver, and since I can't fully install the motherboard drivers, all the other driver installs have issues.  Programs and games install and run fine, NO problem at all!!

Because right after it locks-up just trying to install a simple driver for the chipset, I can reset the PC, jump into ANY game while listening to music and talking on TeamSpeak, and run it all night long at max settings....and THAT makes no sense.

I think I'm going to start the RMA process tomorrow,  I NEED a reliable PC for everyday stuff, so I will have to build another rig while the RMA happens.  Then when (and if) I get a dark board that works I can build a monster.

Anyway, thanks for trying to help, I have exhausted EVERY type of troubleshooting there is, this board has got to be defective.
2021/11/26 23:11:23
DEJ915
On mainstream you can't set trcd and trp separately so there is only 1 setting for it.

Hope the RMA works for you, if not the Apex XIII is a really solid board if you want to swap for something else.  OCF is too but a little more finnicky lol.
2021/11/26 23:49:45
Sajin
First four are TCL, TRCD, TRP, & TRAS. Let us know how the rma goes.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account