• EVGA Z590 Series
  • Z590 Dark/11900k, Best way to create a stock BIOS profile (p.2)
2021/11/24 05:41:28
JimBeamBlack
Ok, well I got it all setup, I'll post my settings here later tonight.

I have had some major issues with this system so far, but I THINK I got it straightened out.

Did something really stupid, when I took out the Z390 board I "accidentally" left the extra standoff that the Z590 doesn't use, I was distracted by the backplate already being on the Z590 board, (I have never seen that before) was showing my son and totally forgot to pull that standoff.

Everything seemed to work at first but then every time I tried to install a driver (video, sound whatever) the PC/Windows would crash with a "Machine Check Exception" and force me to reboot. NEVER ONCE created any log file.  Programs, games and apps installed fine, games ran fine, got 16,876 on my first "Stock" 3D Mark score.  Ran CrystalMark on my M.2, Ran Prime95 for about 30 mins, Ran Cinebench R15, ran the windows memory diagnostic, re-installed windows 11, EVERYTHING seemed to be fine.

Then when restoring all my backup folders and files my windows (File Explorer) locked, I was able to do a proper reboot BUT upon restart one of my drives was GONE. (a flash storage drive).

So I tore the PC apart, found the rogue standoff, slapped myself in the head, and put it back together.

After doing some testing though I found out that the bad piece of hardware was the dying Hard/Flash storage drive, and now it's totally dead, THANK goodness I have all that data backed up on my NAS. 

for 3 days I have been going crazy, and the forums were down so I couldn't seek advice. 

So, long story short, I have no idea if the extra standoff was causing any issues, but the board looks fine, and I THINK that the hard drive was causing all the issues with windows.

I have my voltages set according to the recommendations here, BUT I'm not totally sure if I set everything correctly with the vccsa and vccio2/vcciomem/aux, so I will post my voltage settings here tonight and see what you guys think.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account