2021/11/14 15:58:35
JimBeamBlack
 Hey y'all, hope everyone is doing well.

I should have some time this week to finally put together my new 590 Dark/11900k PC. 

So I'm putting together some notes to get everything started and set up at STOCK first so I can get my windows set up and running well, as this is going to be my everyday PC.  Then after that, I will try tweaking it out for best performance.

The one thing I never could find any info on is how to just set this up as a stock-settings PC. I would assume that just letting everything set itself to 
"Auto" should be the best way to achieve this, BUT, I like to manually set my voltages for my CPU and RAM, and then set my RAM to XMP1 and let that be an everyday setting.
 So should this be ok to do with this setup?  And what should I start at with my CPU voltage for the 11900k? 

The parts are:
EVGA Dark Z590
intel 11900K/ EVGA 280mm CL cooler.
WD SN850 M.2
Corsair Vengeance 3600 2X16
EVGA 3080RTX
EVGA 1200 PSU

Again, I just want to get it set up and running to make sure al the parts are working well, get windows 100 Pro installed, and THEN I will start tweaking.

Even pictures of BIOS setting with a similar setup would be fine.

thanks!!
2021/11/15 11:12:13
JimBeamBlack
No ideas on this? Yikes, lol

In a google search, I can't even find what the stock voltage should be for this CPU.  I know they run way too hot at auto, so I'll just try 1.27v or something like that.  I might just try the voltages I'm using for my 9900k, they seem very stable.

There are TONS of videos for this online for the ASUS boards, but the BIOS is very different on that board.  Can't find any for the EVGA board though...

2021/11/15 17:24:37
Wolf_mafiA
JimBeamBlack
No ideas on this? Yikes, lol

In a google search, I can't even find what the stock voltage should be for this CPU.  I know they run way too hot at auto, so I'll just try 1.27v or something like that.  I might just try the voltages I'm using for my 9900k, they seem very stable.

There are TONS of videos for this online for the ASUS boards, but the BIOS is very different on that board.  Can't find any for the EVGA board though...

It's unfortunate that TiN is no more at EVGA, really a lot of stuff got impacted, which I don't want to mention here but check Luumi's YT video guide and overview on this board, I hope that helps...here
2021/11/15 17:29:41
DEJ915
1.45v is upper limit most people push for doing benching oc, for a daily probably a bit much lol but as long as it's below that should be fine.  Don't need to adjust vccio on 11 series just vccsa and vccio2/vcciomem/aux for memory overclocking if tuning and not using XMP.  Per core OC is pretty strong on 11 series but I think EVGA still has the bug where it doesn't work right so you can't use that.  51-52x seems upper limit of all core, cache is hard to oc to previous gens and 43x seems reasonable from what I've seen.
2021/11/16 04:23:49
JimBeamBlack
 Cool!! Thanks guys! HOW did I not find that video?? THANK you for that!!

Yeah, I just need a solid starting point, then I can start adjusting things to get it just right AFTER I get windows 11 installed and stable. 

So 1.45v?  Good deal I will keep everything below that just to be safe.
I have seen guys talking about anywhere from 1.27v to 1.5v and that scares me there is no solid info on this series chip with this EVGA board and NOTHING about running it at stock or any kind of default, other than people who pop it into their boards and the voltage defaults to some crazy number!!  I did find a overclock chart that shows basically how far you can push this chip (or should be able to) with temps and results and so forth, so I can use that as a guide on where I want to be as far as temps and such.

thank you again, this should be all I need for now.

2021/11/16 04:38:19
JimBeamBlack
 That video is awesome!! That guy Luumi is a Guru!!

He mentions that "bug" (or could be a feature) about setting the per-core voltage in the BIOS as an intel bug/feature but says it also appears in certain cases in the Eleet as well. (about 7 mins in)  THAT must be how all these other guys around the net are winding up with 1.5v and high temps even though they have it set properly in their BIOS!?!

again thank you for this!!  I owe y 'all guys a beer!!  (or some Johnny Walker Black!!)

2021/11/18 10:09:39
Braegnok
JimBeamBlack
 Cool!! Thanks guys! HOW did I not find that video?? THANK you for that!!

Yeah, I just need a solid starting point, then I can start adjusting things to get it just right AFTER I get windows 11 installed and stable. 

So 1.45v?  Good deal I will keep everything below that just to be safe.
I have seen guys talking about anywhere from 1.27v to 1.5v and that scares me there is no solid info on this series chip with this EVGA board and NOTHING about running it at stock or any kind of default, other than people who pop it into their boards and the voltage defaults to some crazy number!!  I did find a overclock chart that shows basically how far you can push this chip (or should be able to) with temps and results and so forth, so I can use that as a guide on where I want to be as far as temps and such.

thank you again, this should be all I need for now.

Hello JimBeamBlack,

Default Vcore depends on the type RAM your running, memory frequency, and bin/quality of your CPU.

With 2x8GB @ 5866MHz memory gear 2,.. in default settings my Vcore runs @ 1.581v for 5,300.0 MHz. https://imgur.com/zxnwSEV

With 2x8GB @ 3733MHz memory gear 1,.. in default settings my Vcore runs @ 1.368v for 5,300.0 MHz. https://imgur.com/tKNop8p

Default CPU VCCIO Mem OC & CPU VCCSA voltage's will also increase when running higher frequency RAM. 

2021/11/19 18:35:33
JimBeamBlack
I've got 2x16gig modules, 3600mhz, I'm going to run those in the EMP 1 profile, and most likely Gear 1? Which I assume is the best place to start. (I have no idea what Gear really is yet)

So I should probably try 1.368v for the stock starting setting to test my cooling and such, and then go from there.  

So, it appears I'm going to find my sweet spot between 1.3 and 1.45 volts.  

I guess I'll finally find out tomorrow night.  ;-)

thanks
2021/11/20 05:19:03
Braegnok
I would recommend try using Advanced Voltage Offset,.. with [negative offset] to lower your default Vcore. 

In your EVGA Z590 BIOS under the OC tab look in Voltage Control menu,.. for Asus it's called V/F Point Offset,..  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UW2G25pzxA 
2021/11/20 06:31:13
Cool GTX
I'd start V @ 1.330 and work up from there to V 1.45 for a daily driver & V 1.47 for a Max ... until you want to find the limits

Auto voltage can tend to allow higher Voltages ... mostly for ease of use, but with higher temps

Multi-chip Intel Core i9-11900K Overclocking Review: Four ...

Intel Core i9-11900K processor review - Overclocking

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account