2021/10/26 18:30:32
ZoranC
arestavo
From what I know, they do not include the Nvidia Control Panel ...

I have DCH ones installed and whenever I download and install new ones NVCP gets installed so I'm not sure that's it (TBH I should try installing them when not connected to 'net to see whether that is correct).

arestavo
The reason why I won't install them is because the DCH versions have given me problems in the past, and I'd rather not deal with issues that the standard driver versions just don't have (at least on my PC).

How long ago was that and what the problems were, please?
2021/10/26 18:36:28
arestavo
ZoranC
arestavo
From what I know, they do not include the Nvidia Control Panel ...

I have DCH ones installed and whenever I download and install new ones NVCP gets installed so I'm not sure that's it (TBH I should try installing them when not connected to 'net to see whether that is correct).

arestavo
The reason why I won't install them is because the DCH versions have given me problems in the past, and I'd rather not deal with issues that the standard driver versions just don't have (at least on my PC).

How long ago was that and what the problems were, please?

When they first started pushing them out. It's been long enough, and I'm old enough, that I don't remember the exact issues that multiple DCH drivers gave me. The impression was enough to keep me away from them.

Nvidia claimed that there's no difference. My experience put the lie to their words.
2021/10/26 18:46:24
ZoranC
arestavo
When they first started pushing them out. It's been long enough, and I'm old enough, that I don't remember the exact issues that multiple DCH drivers gave me. The impression was enough to keep me away from them.

Nvidia claimed that there's no difference. My experience put the lie to their words.

Thank you! I’m asking because on one side I have heard they are now identical and that DCH is what will be used going forward but at the same time I am being plagued by very intermittent odd video issues I can’t put my finger on is it hardware or software and I am starting to wonder should I try to DDU and switch to standard ones. I guess I will try that if issues persist, I have nothing to lose.
2021/10/26 19:20:05
ObscureEmpyre
ZoranC
arestavo

Thank you! I’m asking because on one side I have heard they are now identical and that DCH is what will be used going forward but at the same time I am being plagued by very intermittent odd video issues I can’t put my finger on is it hardware or software and I am starting to wonder should I try to DDU and switch to standard ones. I guess I will try that if issues persist, I have nothing to lose.

It’s probably the drivers. I DDU’d 472.12 before installing 496.13, and the latter gave me issues. So, I DDU’d again and went back to 472.12. Rinsed and repeated for 496.49. Given that I haven’t had issues with drivers for a very long time, I’d say these DCH ones are the problem.
2021/10/26 19:29:58
ZoranC
ObscureEmpyre
It’s probably the drivers. I DDU’d 472.12 before installing 496.13, and the latter gave me issues. So, I DDU’d again and went back to 472.12. Rinsed and repeated for 496.49. Given that I haven’t had issues with drivers for a very long time, I’d say these DCH ones are the problem.

So which drivers you are on now, please?
2021/10/26 19:45:02
ObscureEmpyre
ZoranC
ObscureEmpyre

So which drivers you are on now, please?

472.12. No point in using either 496.13 or 496.49 if they're just going to cause problems. My chief complaint is that Red Dead Redemption 2 sporadically crashes, and that's even listed in the known issues section of the release notes. I hope they narrow down the problem(s) with these DCH drivers. Otherwise, I may be stuck on 472.12 for a while.
2021/10/26 19:59:29
ZoranC
ObscureEmpyre
472.12. No point in using either 496.13 or 496.49 if they're just going to cause problems. My chief complaint is that Red Dead Redemption 2 sporadically crashes, and that's even listed in the known issues section of the release notes. I hope they narrow down the problem(s) with these DCH drivers. Otherwise, I may be stuck on 472.12 for a while.

472.12 DCH or standard?
2021/10/26 20:07:47
ObscureEmpyre
ZoranC
ObscureEmpyre

472.12 DCH or standard?

Oddly enough, if you download 472.12 from the GeForce Drivers page, it appears to be a DCH version according to the file title. However, if you download it from the Advanced Driver Search page, it appears to be a standard version.
2021/10/26 20:13:52
ZoranC
ObscureEmpyre
ZoranC
ObscureEmpyre

472.12 DCH or standard?

Oddly enough, if you download 472.12 from the GeForce Drivers page, it appears to be a DCH version according to the file title. However, if you download it from the Advanced Driver Search page, it appears to be a standard version.

Which one -you- have installed according to your NVCP sysinfo?
2021/10/26 20:29:37
ObscureEmpyre
ZoranC

Which one -you- have installed according to your NVCP sysinfo?

Standard. Use the Advanced Driver Search if you want the standard version of 472.12.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account