2021/10/24 13:54:45
neteng101
xorxhs
i never offended anyone. I was asking how evga can prove if someone, me or anyone else, is mining. Was a simple question, technical oriented.

Cuz they can deny a warranty and they don't really need to proof it cause you can't proof you didn't mine with the card either.  You've likely just got your account flagged as possible miner and can say goodbye to any warranty claims.  And you got snippy after your initial question was answered and you didn't like the answer.

If you want to mine with the card - you can, but you are knowingly voiding the warranty.
2021/10/24 14:00:59
xorxhs
neteng101
xorxhs
i never offended anyone. I was asking how evga can prove if someone, me or anyone else, is mining. Was a simple question, technical oriented.

Cuz they can deny a warranty and they don't really need to proof it cause you can't proof you didn't mine with the card either.  You've likely just got your account flagged as possible miner and can say goodbye to any warranty claims.  And you got snippy after your initial question was answered and you didn't like the answer.

If you want to mine with the card - you can, but you are knowingly voiding the warranty.

So, if im right, there is no technical evidence.
Im quite sure that they cant deny a warranty and imo they need to prove  that someone is mining, and not the miner has to prove that didnt mine ( presumption of innocence )
2021/10/24 15:49:52
ty_ger07
xorxhs

Correct. It comes down to your morals. As I said, the same way Intel handles it.
2021/10/24 16:59:26
xorxhs
ty_ger07
xorxhs

Correct. It comes down to your morals. As I said, the same way Intel handles it.

Thank you for your answer, sir. 
2021/10/24 20:06:54
flg2010

Honestly they can tell if they took the time to look at the card's memory and overall processor wear.

I don't mine on equipment I care about.  I use out of warranty gaming laptops, 2 of them.  At best I make a few $100 a year.  

Now investing your spare change in cryptos that might go up in value one day.. that's the best bet.  This way you won't kill $2k+ GPUs..

2021/10/25 04:18:19
xorxhs
flg2010

Honestly they can tell if they took the time to look at the card's memory and overall processor wear.

I don't mine on equipment I care about.  I use out of warranty gaming laptops, 2 of them.  At best I make a few $100 a year.  

Now investing your spare change in cryptos that might go up in value one day.. that's the best bet.  This way you won't kill $2k+ GPUs..

Some report that heavy gaming is more stressful for the GPU than light mining. There is a lot of debate about it. Fact is that chip shortage leads to demand problems of GPUs, not the miners
2021/10/25 05:07:08
redteamgo
This thread will probably be enough evidence to deny a RMA. Good luck. How much do you make mining ? $20 a day before power? Talk about picking up nickels
2021/10/25 05:09:16
xorxhs
Wow, lack of arguments gives you the right to offend me , calling me whatever you like . And you are talking about ethics and integrity ?
2021/10/25 05:15:22
xorxhs
Deny rma when there is no rma. Well … ok
2021/10/25 07:27:56
nomoss
Cards abused by mining usually have some obvious "tells."
It's really not hard at all to determine.

But good luck with your attempt to defraud EVGA after publicly stating your intent.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account