2021/10/11 09:07:12
rblaes_99
Cool GTX
You followed all the steps in the Manual ... start p55

However Pages 57 & 58 seems to be where your having issues

https://www.evga.com/supp.../files/121-RL-E599.pdf

exactly......  again, perhaps the media creation tool is modern enough that some of the needed files are preloaded...  maybe not.  Hell I just did all three gaming rigs here this weekend with the media creation tool and fresh windows 11.  squeaky clean.  
2021/10/11 09:27:02
dadnjesse
I also have a windows version that has a USB thumb drive that one does the same thing. I will try to make my own.
2021/10/11 09:31:00
rblaes_99
dadnjesse
I also have a windows version that has a USB thumb drive that one does the same thing. I will try to make my own.

follow the steps coolgtx posted in the manual above too.  
2021/10/11 10:06:19
EVGA_Lee
Try downloading the drivers from Samsung's page for the 980 Pro.  Some older versions of Windows 10 may not have the drivers necessary to recognize a newer SSD.
2021/10/11 11:08:17
rblaes_99
EVGATech_LeeM
Try downloading the drivers from Samsung's page for the 980 Pro.  Some older versions of Windows 10 may not have the drivers necessary to recognize a newer SSD.

wont a freshly downloaded version from the media creation tool likely include the drivers he needs as well....  (I am sounding like a broken record now)  
2021/10/11 11:13:14
dadnjesse
I tried the only download I could find for the 980 pro was the magician software and data migration. I don't see any drivers
I just made a media creation drive that will run on my old PC but this new build doesn't see it
2021/10/11 11:14:09
EVGA_Lee
rblaes_99
EVGATech_LeeM

wont a freshly downloaded version from the media creation tool likely include the drivers he needs as well....  (I am sounding like a broken record now)  

If Samsung submits the drivers to MS and MS validates/includes them in the installation media, sure, it's possible.  But that still requires several approvals on both Samsung and MS's part.  However, I've seen plenty of instances where NVMe drives are not recognized by Windows, even if the OS should recognize it.  It's a testament to Windows 10 and MS's continuing evolution of their installation media that the process has generally become significantly easier for everyone, to the point that a lot of people forget to install drivers after installation because things can run smoothly right after installation.
2021/10/11 11:32:38
dadnjesse
Ok I didn't make the Media USB correct but it now sees the drive and is installing. Thanks for the help
2021/10/11 12:11:32
B0baganoosh
You could go into DISKPART while on the installation screen (instructions) to make sure that the drive is still seen when you're in the install process. The one thing that guide doesn't cover is that if the drive shows up but doesn't have a "*" in the "GPT" column, you'll want to fix that by running the "convert gpt" command after the "clean" step in those instructions. then when you do a "list disk" command, you should see the "*" in that column.

That way you know you've got a correctly formatted drive as well and may give you some more information about whether DISKPART sees the drive at all. If you have multiple disks and you can't tell if you have selected the correct one (before "clean"-ing/wiping all information), you can run the "detail" command after you've selected the disk.

After you confirm (assuming you can) that the disk is present in DISKPART and is configured as GPT, you should be able to exit diskpart (you can x-out of that window) and then proceed with the Windows installation.
2021/10/12 02:39:21
Saltgrass
OK, first, since there are no Samsung drivers available for the drive, using the Samsung NVMe drivers for a 980 Pro may cause Bluescreens. 

A UEFI Bios has built-in drivers for that drive.  All you should need to do is allow it to boot but you have to be using the UEFI version of the Install Media.

Win 11 .iso downloads are available for the public.  You can download the straight .iso file then mount the .iso and copy over the files to an NTFS formatted flash drive.  Place the USB in your system before you boot or reboot so it can be read by the Bios.  Then just select it from a boot device menu.

The Install will take care of configuring the drive.  For Win 11, make sure the CSM is disabled in the Bios.  Also, if you have a PTT option in the Bios and not physical TPM chip, make sure PTT is enabled.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account