2021/10/10 18:07:24
dadnjesse
I just completed my build Z590 Dark. I installed the Samsung 980 pro NVMe 4 m.2 in the first M.2 slot. When I try to install windows the drive won't show. 
2021/10/10 18:12:10
dadnjesse
I tried to load pictures of the Bios screen but they wouldn't load
2021/10/11 05:30:50
rblaes_99
carefully reseat the NVME.  Did you put the thermal pad in the "box" right on the motherboard (underneath the m.2 sdd?)
2021/10/11 05:50:02
Hoggle
Does the drive you are trying to install show up in the bios? 

Since you said the "first" M.2 slot I am guessing you mean the top most which needs a 11th generation Intel CPU to use the PCIe 4.0 M.2 slot at the top. Try using an eyeglass or other fine screw driver to remove the thee screws on the heat sink between the PCIe slots. The screws on the right side will come out fully while the one on the left side will not come out be careful since the right side ones are small and you don't want to lose them. Install the SSD into the top most M.2 making sure to put the thermal pad in the rectangle on the motherboard before putting the SSD into the slot. Afterwards line up the heatsink and carefully put the screws back in place. Now it should show up. I am guessing if you are still using the 960 M.2 you might already have it showing up since it might be installed in this slot already. In that case you could put the M.2 980 in the bottom slot.
2021/10/11 06:27:57
dadnjesse
The drive shows up in Bios in Advanced MNVe it lists Samsung SSD 980 Pro 1TB. I have UEFI in the boot menu. It's when I run the windows CD there is no Drive to install windows.  Also the Thermal pads where pre installed on the M.2 cover all three slots. I put the SSD in the top slot. My CPU is intel core i9-11900k
2021/10/11 07:28:20
rblaes_99
dadnjesse
The drive shows up in Bios in Advanced MNVe it lists Samsung SSD 980 Pro 1TB. I have UEFI in the boot menu. It's when I run the windows CD there is no Drive to install windows.  Also the Thermal pads where pre installed on the M.2 cover all three slots. I put the SSD in the top slot. My CPU is intel core i9-11900k

nah in the box are additional thedrmal pads for under the nvme.  but yea there are some already on teh heatsink for the top as well.  

can you try the windows media creation tool and install clean from a USB drive?  
2021/10/11 08:06:26
rjohnson11
rblaes_99
dadnjesse

nah in the box are additional thedrmal pads for under the nvme.  but yea there are some already on teh heatsink for the top as well.  

can you try the windows media creation tool and install clean from a USB drive?  

Don't forget to set the boot device to the USB stick after the USB stick is plugged into the PC (after the Windows Media tool has created the bootable device). 
2021/10/11 08:28:34
dadnjesse
I can get the windows install to start. It goes through the putting in the serial key then at the part to partition the drive there is no drive showing to do the install.

2021/10/11 08:53:55
rblaes_99
dadnjesse
I can get the windows install to start. It goes through the putting in the serial key then at the part to partition the drive there is no drive showing to do the install.

we know....  we get it.  no drive shows up when installing from DVD.

I can't even recall the last time I installed an OS from a DVD/CD.  Its probably been a decade since ive even has an optical drive installed.  That said, perhaps there is some odd windows preload driver issue like back in the old RAID array days.

This is why we suggested try from windows media creation tool via USB.  

2021/10/11 08:57:36
Cool GTX
You followed all the steps in the Manual ... start p55

However Pages 57 & 58 seems to be where your having issues

https://www.evga.com/supp.../files/121-RL-E599.pdf

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account