2021/10/05 14:46:02
thingol
We have a say here: "Assumption is the mother of all mistakes". Since people here are taking this so seriously, I had to ask. :-) 
2021/10/05 14:46:14
defensor
Deleted pending Lee's post
2021/10/05 14:47:44
kevinc313
soulcacher
Thanks, Jacob. Is it safe to assume you'll never be making the FHR versions of the 3070/3080 again, so we should prioritize removing the KL cards?

You mean removing old KR cards? 

IMHO they might be making some legacy KR cards to satisfy contractual orders that are part number based, but those will never be available through the queue.
2021/10/05 14:50:30
EVGA_Lee
soulcacher
Thanks, Jacob. Is it safe to assume you'll never be making the FHR versions of the 3070/3080 again, so we should prioritize removing the KL cards?

That's something out of our control, so we can't give you an absolute answer on that.  From where we sit today, you are more likely to get an LHR version (-KL) of those cards (3070/3080), so if you still need a card for gaming or other non-mining uses, then you'll want to keep your LHR notifies.  If you no longer need a card for gaming, general usage, etc., and your hope is to get a card without LHR (-KR), then you can choose to keep -KR cards in your notify list.  However, there's no guarantee that any non-LHR cards will be sold again.
2021/10/05 14:55:36
soulcacher
EVGATech_LeeM
soulcacher

That's something out of our control, so we can't give you an absolute answer on that.  From where we sit today, you are more likely to get an LHR version (-KL) of those cards (3070/3080), so if you still need a card for gaming or other non-mining uses, then you'll want to keep your LHR notifies.  If you no longer need a card for gaming, general usage, etc., and your hope is to get a card without LHR (-KR), then you can choose to keep -KR cards in your notify list.  However, there's no guarantee that any non-LHR cards will be sold again.

Thanks!

2021/10/05 14:57:22
Aonevm
EVGA_JacobF
Everyone,
  • EVGA is also going to be adding SMS verification to the checkout process for all notifications to catch bot orders.

EVGA

and what about us without a mobile phone?  only have landline ...
2021/10/05 14:58:17
stig142
I am probably one of the very few people who didn't sign up the queue on the very first day since I was not aware, and would be actually beneficial to the change made yesterday. Today's new change is fair I will have to agree, and the 2 queue system should improve the situation, but IMO anyone who has already bought a card should be deprioritized for any queue with the same card model, for example, if one has bought 3080 from the queue any other 3080 queues should be deprioritized. This won't punish those who settle up for a lower-tier card which was the biggest complaint yesterday. Just my 2 cents
2021/10/05 15:08:16
DuleyBC
Awesome news and a few notifies removed in my profile. I'm really glad that EVGA is reading our posts around here and trying to adapt the Q system to make everyone happy (or most of us).
2021/10/05 15:09:25
gary1221
Outstanding Jacob! Have removed all but the 3070 Ti and 3080 ultra hybrid.I do own the Kingpin which is a outstanding card but really only need the 3080 performance and price.
2021/10/05 15:10:01
burnsyd17
I realize this change is basically hot off the presses, assume you'll be updating the web site (for those who don't read the forums)?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account