2021/10/05 14:35:42
EVGA_Lee
thingol
EVGATech_LeeM
McAztec
thingol
EVGA_JacobF
EVGA is also going to be adding SMS verification to the checkout process for all notifications to catch bot orders

Good move. Now, silly question. Do we must update our profile and put the country code on the phone? Or will you get it from the "Country" field somehow?
This might seems a stupid question, but I'm sure many haven't set the code (me the first). If the check process goes through reviewing the profile data, I wouldn't like to miss my chance for such a silly detail.

That's a very valid question and I'd like to know that as well. Usually the placeholder in the form field is a clue of the format to be used (e.g: +12 345 678 9000 or 345 678 9000 directly) but from what I can see there is none. I think I'll set mine with country code for the time being and change it back if needed. Better to have more details than too few I guess.

Since we're still working on adding this, I can ask our programming team to check on this.

Ask them to check for duplicated phones. Multiple accounts with the same personal and shipping phone can be suspicious:-D. If someone with many accounts set the same phone to all of them, he can check any checkout process from a single phone. It wouldn't make a big deal improvement the SMS confirmation.
You will have to allow duplicates, but setting a threshold is something to consider.

Do you guys really think we don't check for this stuff?
2021/10/05 14:37:43
lciarlo
so, if i had purchased multiple cards prior to october 11, am i still eligible to purchase up to two cards after october 11 
2021/10/05 14:40:02
Sonikku13
EVGA_JacobF

2.    In order to get cards to gamers sooner, please go to the notify page at and keep only the top two cards selected that you would like to purchase, and remove the others.
  • On October 11th, 2021, the system will only lookup and send notifies based on your two oldest entries.
  • Going forward, the queue system will only allow for two 30 Series notifies on the current lineup.
  • EVGA strongly suggests to keep the FTW3 ULTRA or XC3 ULTRA models due to consistent supply compared to limited supply on K|NGP|N, HYDRO COPPER and HYBRID due to supply constraints.
  • EVGA is also going to be adding SMS verification to the checkout process for all notifications to catch bot orders.

If someone decides to keep more than two notifications, what happens to the ones that are older than the first two?

Would like to know before some people get ideas of “keep them all, the timestamps will be saved.”
2021/10/05 14:41:36
kevinc313
EVGATech_LeeM
thingol
EVGATech_LeeM
McAztec
thingol
EVGA_JacobF
EVGA is also going to be adding SMS verification to the checkout process for all notifications to catch bot orders

Good move. Now, silly question. Do we must update our profile and put the country code on the phone? Or will you get it from the "Country" field somehow?
This might seems a stupid question, but I'm sure many haven't set the code (me the first). If the check process goes through reviewing the profile data, I wouldn't like to miss my chance for such a silly detail.

That's a very valid question and I'd like to know that as well. Usually the placeholder in the form field is a clue of the format to be used (e.g: +12 345 678 9000 or 345 678 9000 directly) but from what I can see there is none. I think I'll set mine with country code for the time being and change it back if needed. Better to have more details than too few I guess.

Since we're still working on adding this, I can ask our programming team to check on this.

Ask them to check for duplicated phones. Multiple accounts with the same personal and shipping phone can be suspicious:-D. If someone with many accounts set the same phone to all of them, he can check any checkout process from a single phone. It wouldn't make a big deal improvement the SMS confirmation.
You will have to allow duplicates, but setting a threshold is something to consider.

Do you guys really think we don't check for this stuff?

Yeah I would imagine that's a dead giveaway.  But I'd also imagine the real pros use either an SMS service or just a bunch of actual burner phones.  While I'm in an imagining mood.
2021/10/05 14:42:21
rodgerboles
Thank you, Jacob. It’s a shame the hybrids are supply constrained, because that’s the card I really want. I appreciate the company’s willingness to limit buyers to two cards and it will meet my needs.
2021/10/05 14:43:30
Haisenbergg
Thank you Jacob and EVGA, this is great news for us that are still waiting to buy their first 30 series GPU! :)
2021/10/05 14:43:32
EVGA_Lee
lciarlo
so, if i had purchased multiple cards prior to october 11, am i still eligible to purchase up to two cards after october 11 

Sonikku13
EVGA_JacobF

2.    In order to get cards to gamers sooner, please go to the notify page at and keep only the top two cards selected that you would like to purchase, and remove the others.
  • On October 11th, 2021, the system will only lookup and send notifies based on your two oldest entries.
  • Going forward, the queue system will only allow for two 30 Series notifies on the current lineup.
  • EVGA strongly suggests to keep the FTW3 ULTRA or XC3 ULTRA models due to consistent supply compared to limited supply on K|NGP|N, HYDRO COPPER and HYBRID due to supply constraints.
  • EVGA is also going to be adding SMS verification to the checkout process for all notifications to catch bot orders.

If someone decides to keep more than two notifications, what happens to the ones that are older than the first two?

Would like to know before some people get ideas of “keep them all, the timestamps will be saved.”

I'm going to make a post clarifying this a little.

2021/10/05 14:44:29
soulcacher
Thanks, Jacob. Is it safe to assume you'll never be making the FHR versions of the 3070/3080 again, so we should prioritize removing the KR versions of those cards?
2021/10/05 14:44:57
kevinc313
Sonikku13
EVGA_JacobF

Good point.  From what it sounds like if you have old notifies that aren't being called, it will ignore newer ones that may come up and you'll get skipped. 
2021/10/05 14:44:58
japelito
If I don't have a US cellphone, but one from another country, will I still be able to do the checkout?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account