• EVGA Z590 Series
  • LAN driver for Windows 7 for Z590 (and other modern platforms)
2021/09/22 13:32:58
Luumi
Just came across modding the 25.2 driver to support Windows 7 on modern motherboards that feature the i225-V networking chip. You can follow the steps on my video if you still want to use this old operating system. This applies to many generations like Z590, Z490, X570, C622 and so on.

2021/09/28 09:22:25
Wolf_mafiA
Thank you for this driver, the X570 DARK also uses the same Intel i225-V.
2021/09/28 12:34:20
marcvezina
Luumi
Just came across modding the 25.2 driver to support Windows 7 on modern motherboards that feature the i225-V networking chip. You can follow the steps on my video if you still want to use this old operating system. This applies to many generations like Z590, Z490, X570, C622 and so on.

@Lumi - Will this work on XP?
2021/10/23 16:13:50
L1AM999
Luumi

Hi; when I tried installing windows 7 onto z590 it gets stuck at the windows logo. I tried a few methods; Legacy, UEFI, and Putting windows 7 in a windows 10 boot.wim. None of them worked. How did you even install windows 7 on z590???? I have an NVMe as storage if that makes a difference. 
2021/10/23 16:34:03
Wolf_mafiA
L1AM999
Luumi

Hi; when I tried installing windows 7 onto z590 it gets stuck at the windows logo. I tried a few methods; Legacy, UEFI, and Putting windows 7 in a windows 10 boot.wim. None of them worked. How did you even install windows 7 on z590???? I have an NVMe as storage if that makes a difference. 

Luumi was supposed to make a video on Z590 DARK with Windows 7, I'm also waiting for that. Unfortunately at Win-raid the Z590 driver support package was removed by Canonkong, this guy made X570 support package but for some reason Intel ones are removed. Also many boards get A5 BSOD, for that we need to use a modified acpi.sys. I think installation for that acpi is a bit different too. This is why I'm eagerly waiting for his full video guide (I do not have a board yet)

You mentioned Windows 7 on Win10 boot.wim, what is the method you used ? I know a method which is basically using Simplix AIO tool from MDL where they have the same method of packing the Windows 7 ISO with all latest updates without telemetry bloat (thanks to UpdatePack7R2).

That update pack includes the most important ones - SHA256 update, KMDF update, NVME hotfix and the MDL made USB3.0 xHCI stack (This 3.0 xHCI must not be used on ASUS X570 because it causes some issues apparently, I know not related to topic but wanted to post anyways, excuse). Also  all these are 100% mandatory else your Windows 7 Installation will be severely outdated so did you install all these ? Of all the NVMe hotfix is very important since you mentioned it's installed on that NVMe drive and USB3.0 stack as well to enable the ports.

Also UEFI BIOS mode should be avoided for Windows 7. Either Legacy only or UEFI+CSM mode.
2021/10/23 20:01:59
L1AM999
Wolf_mafiA
L1AM999
Luumi

Luumi was supposed to make a video on Z590 DARK with Windows 7, I'm also waiting for that. Unfortunately at Win-raid the Z590 driver support package was removed by Canonkong, this guy made X570 support package but for some reason Intel ones are removed. Also many boards get A5 BSOD, for that we need to use a modified acpi.sys. I think installation for that acpi is a bit different too. This is why I'm eagerly waiting for his full video guide (I do not have a board yet)

You mentioned Windows 7 on Win10 boot.wim, what is the method you used ? I know a method which is basically using from MDL where they have the same method of packing the Windows 7 ISO with all latest updates without telemetry bloat (thanks to UpdatePack7R2).

That update pack includes the most important ones - , , and the MDL made (This 3.0 xHCI must not be used on ASUS X570 because it causes some issues apparently, I know not related to topic but wanted to post anyways, excuse). Also  all these are 100% mandatory else your Windows 7 Installation will be severely outdated so did you install all these ? Of all the NVMe hotfix is very important since you mentioned it's installed on that NVMe drive and USB3.0 stack as well to enable the ports.

Also UEFI BIOS mode should be avoided for Windows 7. Either Legacy only or UEFI+CSM mode.

Yes; I used the Simplix AIO tool. The installer launched; but when I tried to boot from my NVMe drive it got stuck in the windows logo. I also injected the drivers myself with other tools manually on a different attempt. Without the Simplix tool; I could not even install windows 7, it got stuck after loading files at the windows logo. It is something that is loading in that windows logo that is ****ing up. I have no idea why it gets stuck in the windows logo. (I did all the combinations with CSM off + UEFI on, csm on + Legacy, and csm on with UEFI.) I also tried with intel iGPU on without a GPU, and with a GTX 690. What is interesting is that when the GTX 690 is in; for a fraction of a second a bluescreen appears after it freezes. It was not so with the iGPU. I have a Gigabyte z590 Aorus Elite and 11600k.  

And I know of Canonkong; he is the Asian that makes the drivers for the newer boards for 7. You are right, I haven't seen the z590 drivers floating around. For the people that might be coming across this page in the future, here is a link to the website he is on. You will need google translate and pay to have access to the forum. Search Canonkong in this website's search box to see the latest drivers he has made: smxdiy.com/thread-613-1-1.html
I learned about Canon from FR33THY's Youtube video titled "Windows 7 Drivers For z390 & ISO Install Guide"
The Simplix AIO tool is on a website called mydigitallife; and the fourm post is titled "MDL Win 7 Tool for SiMPLiX UpdatePack AiO ISO (with install.wim/esd) Creation" and the author is Enthousiast.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account