2021/09/18 10:21:02
WebsterRKL
How are you uploading those awesome photos?

I have a very tiny 200kb CrystalDiskMark file and it won't load 

Nice random speeds, much better than mine...
2021/09/18 10:42:13
pclausen
I first upload the images to imgur and then paste those URL's here when clicking the Insert/Edit Image button.
2021/09/18 11:26:59
WebsterRKL
Here's what it looks like when I use Imgur... gee, can't get the image to load.

Oh well, here's what I got with a WD_Black SN850 500GB M.2 SSD in the PCIe 4.0 slot. Hope you can open it. Sequential Reads Writes are good but my Randoms are really low. 

https://imgur.com/PqAizUy

2021/09/18 11:54:04
pclausen
I do see it.  Your reads are smoking fast!

Once you upload it to imgur, be sure to use the direct link as opposed to the image link, when you grab the URL to put back in your post here.

I captured your image and am posting it here:

So I got my 11900K running at 5.2 GHz on all cores and stable.  However, some of my cores are getting mighty hot:

Don't know if it is the "free" paste that came with the block, my application method, or the fact that I'm scared to tighten down the thumbscrews really tight since there is no backplate underneath the motherboard.

I'm comparing to the temps Luumi is getting at 5.2, which are:

So I'm as much as 14C higher than him on one of my cores:

Once I move the Z590 Dark into a case and add my AquaComputer controller, sensors, etc, I'll have a better idea about what's going on.  Given Cinebench R15 only takes 30 seconds to complete, I'm pretty sure it is just the thermal conductivity between the CPU and block that is messed up.
2021/09/18 12:33:35
WebsterRKL
Yep, that's Rocket Lake, ALL-Core CPU overclocks beyond 5.1Ghz get really warm with ambient cooling - air or water.

In your bios - for CPU Core Ratio: Select Per Core OR By Core Usage, whatever your bios calls it, where you set each core at a different clock speed.

Set up two cores at clock 53, two cores at clock 51, and four cores at clock 50 or 49, your thermals should improve. 

Then try two cores at 54 as your high clock and clock the other cores much lower.

And so on and so forth, keep at it - took me some time to find my highest clock for the CPU with temps I could live with.

https://i.imgur.com/YUPz2pN.jpg

I'm using an AquaComputer controller also - brilliant minds think alike lol 

https://i.imgur.com/lPzzx9E.jpg

2021/09/19 06:36:26
babayega
going above 5.3 needs avx offset 1 and avx 512 offset 1. if u run higher than 5.3 clocks on avx workload it will clock down to 5.3. this is an intel thing.
2021/09/19 08:20:00
WebsterRKL
babayega
going above 5.3 needs avx offset 1 and avx 512 offset 1. if u run higher than 5.3 clocks on avx workload it will clock down to 5.3. this is an intel thing.

I'm not running any AVX or AVX 512 applications at all so I just disable both. I also disable Adaptive Boost Technology and disable MultiCore Enhancement and just go manual setting each core to its own clock speed. There are some amazing combinations! 

With the 5.5Ghz in bios that's two cores at 55 two cores at 52 two cores at 49. But I don't run that as a daily, lol. That's only for Single Thread benchmarks like Cinebench and CPUZ.

But that's for CPU only overclocking - when you begin to overclock your mem kits unfortunately the higher they clock the lower your CPU will clock, at least that's how it happens for me on air. 

With b-die:
4800Mhz CL16 the cpu will clock up to 5.3Ghz
5066Mhz CL17 the cpu will only clock to 5.1Ghz

With Hynix:
5333Mhz CL20, CPU clocks to 5.3Ghz (kinda cool 5.3Ghz CPU and 5.3Ghz memory) 
5333Mhz CL19 CPU only clocks to 5.2Ghz
5600Mhz CL20 CPU clocks to 5.2Ghz
5866Mhz CL21 CPU only clocks to 5.1Ghz

That's Rocket Lake I guess at least with air-cooling. Custom water you may achieve much better results, I just don't know.
2021/09/19 13:13:00
pclausen
I think I figured out why my core temps were so high.  I had the flow reversed through the Optimus Foundation block.  It should flow in to the center and exit from the sides.  I'll be sure to reverse it once I get done putting everything into my Core 9 case.

That case just swallowed up that large Z590 Dark:

Other side:

Nest up will be mounting the dual 480's in the top rails.  I stole the AX1500i from my AMD rig and gave it the EVGA P1200, which should be plenty since that rig will just have a single 3090 and a 5950X is not nearly as power hungry as a 11900K.
2021/09/19 13:23:56
WebsterRKL
pclausen
I think I figured out why my core temps were so high.  I had the flow reversed through the Optimus Foundation block.  It should flow in to the center and exit from the sides.  I'll be sure to reverse it once I get done putting everything into my Core 9 case.

That case just swallowed up that large Z590 Dark:

Other side:

Nest up will be mounting the dual 480's in the top rails.  I stole the AX1500i from my AMD rig and gave it the EVGA P1200, which should be plenty since that rig will just have a single 3090 and a 5950X is not nearly as power hungry as a 11900K.

That's a pretty snug fit, you sure you have enough available space in that chassis? 
2021/09/19 17:12:13
pclausen
It will be pretty tight once everything is in, trust me.

Each rad is setup like this:

Both 480's installed:

Below view:

Pump/Res situated:

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account