• EVGA Gaming Mice
  • X20 issues, switching profiles on its own, sleep timer changing back to 1 minute
2021/09/16 14:24:30
Crimtide
I was originally going to return for a refund my X20 mouse, but it grew on me, and now it might be one of my favorites I have used in the course of the last 25 years of PC gaming.. Firmware update fixed my charging issue that made me not want it, and I love it now.  Except, now I am starting to hate it again...  

That being said, I am back to wondering if a return should happen again.. No, I am not pressing my profile button.. it happens very rarely, but does happen at least once per day, sometimes twice.  

The sleep timer also resets itself.  I have it set to 10 minutes.  Sometimes it will change itself back to 1 minute.  I feel like this two problems are maybe because the memory on the mouse is defective?  Does it use internal memory to save settings?  Or is it 100% software based?  

When the X20 goes into SLEEP MODE, everything crawls at a snails pace.  I could be typing 100 WPM, the mouse goes into sleep mode while typing (because it changed itself to 1 minute), and the letters start coming out 1 keystroke every 2-3 seconds, incredibly sluggish.  Typing does not get back to normal until the X20 wakes up.  Even alt tabbing while the mouse is asleep takes a few seconds.  

My PC is no slouch, this is 100% due to the mouse itself.  I know this because when I remove the mouse from my system and plug my Logitech G903 back in, all the problems go away.  

I really don't want to return the mouse, I love the way it fits in the hand and glides.  When it is working properly, it is amazing in gaming, especially FPS.  

I guess I am writing this to see if anyone else is experiencing any of the same.
2021/09/16 15:04:53
EVGA_James
I've yet to experience this issue and I've been testing with the X20 extensively. Where do you have the wireless dongle plugged into? I do recommend using the cable and weight adapter and setting it within line of sight of the mouse. If you're using an AMD X570 motherboard I would strongly suggest avoiding any USB 2.0 ports on the motherboard. X570 has known issues with USB 2.0 still. 
2021/09/16 15:44:55
Crimtide
EVGA_James
I've yet to experience this issue and I've been testing with the X20 extensively. Where do you have the wireless dongle plugged into? I do recommend using the cable and weight adapter and setting it within line of sight of the mouse. If you're using an AMD X570 motherboard I would strongly suggest avoiding any USB 2.0 ports on the motherboard. X570 has known issues with USB 2.0 still. 

Hi James, Z490 board, I am using it in USB 3.0.  The adapter is about 12 inches from the mouse.  Assuming there may be something wrong, I want to say it may be with the software itself, because I am also noticing that the software is frequently going into a "Not responding" state.  This is why I asked if the data is stored on the mouse, or if it is controlled fully by software.  I am going to remove the software from the system, game for a couple of days without it, and see if there is any difference.
2021/09/16 15:47:30
EVGA_James
The settings are stored on to the mouse. Unleash is not require for custom lighting effects for the keyboards. 
2021/09/18 21:37:21
Crimtide
EVGA_James
The settings are stored on to the mouse. Unleash is not require for custom lighting effects for the keyboards. 

Well I tested for 2 days, gaming, working, etc.. on my computer for 14+ hours per day..   

With the software open, all of these problems take place.  I get major input lag.  Typing in any window lags. Mouse cursor will freeze and then come back about 5 seconds later. 

With the software closed (not minimized), everything works perfectly fine.
2021/09/19 18:03:32
Channel_4
I have a logitech mouse, and they break their software every damn week.
2021/09/21 13:23:06
EVGA_James
I may suggest to uninstall unleash and delete the Unleash folder from your appdata folder and reinstall to see if the issue persists. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account