EVGA Queue System Feedback!

Keep existing queue system. (One card per part number) (611)   62%
You are allowed one 30 series card ONLY (312)   32%
Other (comment below) (49)   5%

Total Votes: 972

2021/09/15 18:57:19
AlreadyTaken14Times
Changing the rules this late in the 30-series queue seems unfair; but thinking ahead to the 40-series makes sense.

Some people (myself NOT included at this point) may have a legitimate need for multiple cards of the same SKU; I think it would make sense allow someone who has purchased a card to re-enter the same queue [after, say, a 24 hour window to lock out launch-day bots]... i.e. to have a more "permissible" queue that what's currently on offer.  Yeah, sure, that may "slow down" the process a bit for some...  but no matter what, anyone can recruit their distant relatives to "enter" the queue, so does it really make sense to pretend there are ways to put limits?

Edit: Thanks for the queue system!  As painful as it is waiting, it is much less stressful that trying to beat-the-bots and/or the camp-out professionals at BB.
2021/09/15 19:04:20
Arnold_35
I'd you able to buy one card and then have a cooldown ~6months b4 being able to buy another 30 series card
2021/09/15 19:12:54
reinvented
Arnold_35
I'd you able to buy one card and then have a cooldown ~6months b4 being able to buy another 30 series card

How does this work for people who manage to purchase one from a different retailer?  Yeah, not a fan of that idea.  There are people that do need multiple cards that aren't for mining purposes as well...
2021/09/15 19:25:48
rzelek506
Other:
Allow each person to be in only one queue at a time.
This will reduce the overall size of the queues and gives everyone a better chance of actually getting the card(s) that they most want.

Give everyone a week or two to decide which queue slot they would like to keep.
After those two weeks, remove all of their other queue slots, and then they could only re-enter the queue (from the end) once they receive the card from the original queue slot that they decided to keep.

If you decide with this approach, please make it clear which queues will actively move and which likely won't move, or maybe only do this for specific SKUs that you believe have a solid chance of movement.
The reason for this request is that some queues nearly freeze after the queue's start day and barely move after many months of very small movement (for example, the K|NG|PN HCs and 3080 HCs), which can screw some people over if they decide to keep their queue entry for those types of SKUs that barely move ever.

A way to implement this:
For the mainstream SKUs that get fed the most supply (3967, 3657, 3987 as of lately, etc) make those queues solo-registration queues.
By solo-registration I mean that if you are signed up for any one of those SKUs, then you cannot be signed up for any other 30-series queue.
This gives the user a good chance of actually getting a card because the queue moves frequently.
But if the user wants a special SKU, such as an HC, hybrid, etc, then they will be allowed to queue in those special SKUs in parallel (but not in any of the solo-registration queues), since those queues are limited supply to start out with and may never end up being fulfilled.
These special SKUs won't be taking supply away from the people with no GPU because the people with no GPU will most likely be in the solo-registration queue, because those queues will give them the best chance of getting at least one card.
2021/09/15 19:41:21
jptech
Users who have shown loyalty to EVGA should be getting priority in the queue. The queue system is is half decent. I just received my 3968 today after 98 days on the queue. I got the GPU I wanted. This is my 6th or 7th EVGA GPU over almost 20 years. I switched to EVGA specifically because OCZ couldn't honor the warranty on my GeForce 3. It's been that long.

Users with a certain number of registered GPUs over a certain number of years should get into the queue a day before elite. And elite shouldn't be something that you can get by spamming the forums.
2021/09/15 19:43:19
Lebon14
One SKU per customer, please. Let's speed things up guys... seriously. Let's get a card then think about getting another later. Also, a lot of people have entered multiple queues in order to be efficient at getting at least *something*. If everybody just went for the card they want *or* the card they are the closer to in term of spot in the queue vs. where the queue is, it would go so much faster.
2021/09/15 19:44:13
the_Scarlet_one
@Jacob,

Keep the queue as is, but possibly give some clarity as to where a user stands in the queue, like an estimated wait time. I would NOT give exact queue numbers because it is well known that with exact information, people won’t understand what they are reading and will take it completely wrong.

Vague information, like (current trend is 1-2 months) (current trend is Soon). Just like people get when on hold for incredibly important phone calls, and they hear “due to high call volumes, there is approximately a 4 hour wait, and your phone battery will die before we actually answer.”

A great option for the future is 1 sku at a time. Allow users to sign up for all sky’s they are willing to purchase, but once they complete a purchase, all queue’s are cleared and they can re-enter, the queue, instead of allowing the same person to purchase 8 sku’s because they weren’t working when the webpage launched, but someone that was working had to wait 3 hours and couldn’t enter all of the SQueues, and therefore has to wait forever to get one card. See what I did there… SKU’s + Queues… SQueues.
2021/09/15 19:45:17
Hoggle
I wouldn’t mind one per person as long as people are able to be in multiple queues until one card they are happy with becomes available. After the order is placed they are removed from other queues thus giving a fair chance.

Another idea would be a scavenger hunt on the site. You have to find just one ribbon answer two or three questions and then you can enter a queue for hot new products like the 30XX series. Find another ribbon and be able to enter a second queue. Goal would be to just make it slightly harder to sign up for product so people enter queues for the product they really want.
2021/09/15 19:45:26
craze42
Hmm. I'd personally like to see all the "elite" members that garnered that status via forum spamming participation revoked, and the old rules regarding that status reinstated(I've been buying EVGA since 2008, and was quite miffed by that change). I'd like to see the server capacity adequately addressed on new SKU launch dates during peak hours(so, 6-12 PST), even if that involves leasing extra processing time as well as a bandwidth multiplier service or some sort of reverse proxy on those days to handle the extra load. And lastly, on a technical note, a rework to the code that handles ticketing and queuing.

(Fair warning, this likely wont make sense to anyone who hasn't peeked at the page source for the store and product pages, and it is still rather technical as makes some assumptions about you already understanding the systems at play)
As it stands, the current system loads the notify page into a floating JS element that's effectively 'part of' the current page, so when the server times out trying to process your submission or load the element in the first place(assuming you even managed to get that far), even if you had a valid token issued from the server, you're now stuck trying to reload the entire store page, which regenerates your tokens for any products visible on said page(whether you're on the main store/category or directly on the page for a given SKU). Someone with experience in such things can easily pick out the URL for the queue registration page that gets loaded into the floating element and manually find their freshly generated token from the page source and then feed it in to the appropriate page to bypass all this and allow them to keep attempting to load the submission page directly, rather than having to load the product page, get a new token(this is all hidden and the average user doesn't even know about it), hit the auto notify button, wait for the floating element containing the queue page to (try to) pop up, put in their info, and then hope that none of those operations timed out or they're gonna be starting over from square one. It took me over 2 hours 45 minutes to get in queue for a 3080 ti because of this(the queue entry page would come up, if I was lucky, I'd try and submit, and it would time out and I'd have to start from scratch rather than just resubmitting, as there was no way to refresh or nav backwards since its not even using a frame to hold the content), before I dug into the page to see about potential workarounds for future drops. Using that knowledge, it only took 12 minutes to get in for the 3070 ti once those came out after I deduced how the system worked - that's a ludicrous advantage for someone with any modicum of background in web technology simply because the site is poorly designed(Put it in a frame at a minimum, or better yet, redirect the user wholesale when they click the notify button and navigate to the notification input page directly. That way it stops regenerating their token(and invalidating the old one) every time a page load/submission times out, breaking the process and forcing them to start over, rather than just letting them attempt to resubmit whichever step timed out). Was there at 6 am for both launches. Not to mention I don't think most people know that, as an example, refreshing the category for a card you're looking at, watching/waiting for a second SKU to drop will generate new tokens and kill your old ones for anything visible on that page, if say, you have the direct product page for one of those SKUs open simultaneously and are trying to queue for it as well. Maybe take the queue button off of the main category page because of this, so people can still watch for secondary drops(the XC3s, for instance), without killing their tokens for anything else they're presently trying to get in line for(at least it throws an error about it that clued me in, but I'm not so sure that your average Joe would make the connection). I mean, you could use a private browser tab to view the store category while not logged in, so it doesn't kill any tokens you're trying to actively use, but most folk aren't even going to know/think to do that in the first place. I'm assuming the tokening system was put in place in order to stop bots from dumping in queues right at 6 on the dot, hammering the servers, by at least requiring some user interaction in the way of clicking a button - but with the way its presently designed its actually hindering said users instead. Not to mention if someone like me could figure it out in about 2 minutes of looking at your unobfuscated client side code and simply poking around until I got it working, you can bet the scummy folks writing bots so they can scalp the things and head straight over to ebay already had it down pat before the cards even went up for sale. It's hurting real humans while probably not even inconveniencing botters, scalpers, and the rest of the undesirables; put some band-aids on it.

On a slight tangent, whats the deal with the LHR re-release cards and the 3070 ti's getting the KL treatment? I've bought 10 year warranties for every previous GPU I own of yours, and was quite irritated when I realized that wasn't going to be an option for me on the 3070 ti. At least the 3080 ti's are still KR(for now). I'm genuinely considering upgrading to a 3080 ti(queue permitting) and just selling the 3070 ti to a friend simply due to the 3 year warranty issue alone(anyone else remember the good old days when EVGA cards came with a lifetime warranty just for registering within 30 days of purchase?).
2021/09/15 19:52:38
the_Scarlet_one
craze42
Hmm. I'd personally like to see all the "elite" members that garnered that status via forum spamming participation revoked, and the old rules regarding that status reinstated(I've been buying EVGA since 2008, and was quite miffed by that change).

I am going to address this, although someone is going to attempt to correct me because they missed the initial introduction of post count.

The elite status post count was introduced at the very start of elite, in 2017-2018… it is not new, that never changed, it’s been around for years, those are the old rules of that status, so you wanting them to change wouldn’t change anything.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account