2021/09/13 19:24:04
veganfanatic
When powered up the machine sometimes does not properly initialize the GTX 2080 and the panel is off. The only remedy is to hard reset the machine to recover proper action. I have even resorted to puling the plug to get the machine to work right. Most of the time when I boot up, the screen flashes and goes back off. Then the windows logon screen appears as the LCD is awakened.

Been ongoing for at least a year.

2021/09/13 20:39:00
Sajin
Is your motherboard bios fully up to date? Does this issue occur in multiple pci-e slots? Do you have your pci-e slots set to auto for the link speed? If yes, try Gen3 instead of auto to see if that will help with your issue.
2021/09/13 20:58:52
veganfanatic
BIOS is the latest and only one slot on my board

slots are all auto and the card slot has been checked as well.

2021/09/14 04:55:59
aka_STEVE_b
what all have you done to troubleshoot ?
How long has it been since you've done a full wipe/ reinstall of windows ?
Run a memory diagnostic for your system ram...

2021/09/14 05:03:33
rjohnson11
Reset your motherboard CMOS and see if the boot works without any manual changes to the BIOs. 

If that fails and your PSU has one or two additional PCI-E connectors and cables change out one of the connectors on the video card. Check your 24 pin ATX cable and make sure it is seated well. 

2021/09/14 08:20:09
veganfanatic
I am using a pair of single power cables as I have lots of them. No apparant power problems.

The problem is that the card does not respond to the BIOS properly

at a proper boot the cursor appears before the BIOS press a key display and it loads windows

this suggests EVGA and my UEFI are not taking to each other properly

2021/09/14 09:06:17
bill1024
Not sure if this will help but maybe worth a try.
Try CSM and fast boot set to off in the BIOS.
Also what cable are you using to the monitor? Try a different cable or port on the GPU.
Good luck, hope you figure it out.
2021/09/14 09:07:40
veganfanatic
Tried DP and HDMI; same difference

2021/09/14 09:59:43
HeavyHemi
veganfanatic

Have you tried a different PSU? Have you tried a different monitor? Is their another PC you can test the GPU in? Have you changed the CMOS battery recently?
2021/09/14 10:01:15
veganfanatic
HeavyHemi
veganfanatic

Have you tried a different PSU? Have you tried a different monitor? Is their another PC you can test the GPU in? Have you changed the CMOS battery recently?

yes

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account