• EVGA Gaming Mice
  • Anyone else having problems with software and lighting on the X20?
2021/09/10 21:18:18
dneff
Ever since installing the new mouse I have had nothing but problems with the Unleash RGB software. The software seems to freeze a lot when trying to look at the settings on the mouse when used wirelessly. I just cannot get consistent results with lighting on the mouse. I also have the Z20 keyboard and have had absolutely no problems with the software till I got this new mouse. At first lighting seemed to work somewhat (The front right light almost always just has a mind of it's own with random colors etc.), but now there are no lights at all unless I plug into USB. Just now I plugged the mouse back into the USB and now the front RGB lights aren't even lit up. Everything appears to be random. My settings are just basic linked "Static On". The wireless dongle is plugged into the X20 USB port which puts it inches away from the mouse. I really want this mouse to work as it might just be the most comfortable mouse I have had yet. But I just cannot use it as it is. For the time being I think I am going to have to go back to my Logitech. 

My other complaint would have to be battery life. It has been a long time since I have had a mouse that drains the battery this quick. I have waited a week or so to see if others report similar issues, but so far not seeing any. 
2021/09/11 12:50:47
gj3333
I can't say I've had all those problems, but I'm definitely having very inconsistent, mostly non-functioning behavior with using Unleash RGB software with the X20 when it's connected wirelessly (made a forum post here a couple days ago). Like you said, it seems to hang a lot. And for me it doesn't display the correct settings most of the time (for example, it sometimes thinks I have half my buttons mapped to left click). When I plug it in via USB, it works fine though. The RGB on my mouse is working fine, but I basically set it once while connected via USB and haven't touched it since.

In case this helps EVGA debug at all, I also have a Z20 and haven't had any issues with Unleash RGB and that device.
2021/09/15 11:33:09
unsn
I don't have any RGB light problems but battery life is definitely an issue. it only last few days and I have to charge again.  

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account