2021/09/09 07:11:27
freakdaddy64
im a logitech lover but thought about trying a new keyboard is evga keyboards any good and what makes them worth buying.
2021/09/13 10:56:03
seattlemark
I can only speak to the Z15, as that's the only one I have, but what drew me to it was its swappable mechanical switches.  I have in my office right now, 5 different mechanical keyboards from various manufacturers.  I have so many because i can't find a keyboard that I like.  Having an affordable mechanical keyboard with swappable switches will finally allow me to adjust my keyboard to my liking.

I put on some pudding keycaps and the effect is so much brighter than it was on my razer huntsmen that I'm amazed of the difference.  I even like the low profile wrist rest better than the blocky pillow that came with the razer.

The z15 cost me $51 after tax from Amazon.  A mechanical keyboard with audio controls and a swappable switches for $51 is a no brainer.  Get one.
2021/09/13 13:52:38
freakdaddy64
newegg got the z20 on sale for 74.99 today
2021/09/14 11:01:06
freakdaddy64
i got the z15 from newegg 49.99 should have it next week. hope i like it not having any issues with my g 413 in any case ill have two. 
2021/09/18 16:26:03
freakdaddy64
with the evga software can i set my wasd one color and the rest of keyboard another if so i cant figure it out. just received z15 today and really like it.
2021/09/18 16:52:26
tmaeller
freakdaddy64with the evga software can i set my wasd one color and the rest of keyboard another if so i cant figure it out. just received z15 today and really like it.

Yes you can. Below is a more or less quick guide, but I also wrote this process up in full, here:
https://forums.evga.com/B...r-Layers-m3435772.aspx
  1. Open Unleash.
  2. Click to select a Profile on the right side where you will store the custom color changes.
  3. Click the Lighting Effect tab.
  4. Click Custom.
  5. Click the + sign to add a New Layer.
  6. Click the Lighting Effect dropdown menu and select Static On (for no active coloring changes like rainbow).
  7. Click the Color dot (which is red by default) and select a color for your layer.
  8. Click Apply. This is now the bottom-most color layer. You can make 5 total color layers.
  9. Create another new layer using the process above, and select a different color (for your WASD keys).
  10. Click anywhere on the keyboard image in Unleash that is not colored (in other words, click on a gray area). This will change the key colors to the color of the first layer.
  11. Now hold your CTRL key on the keyboard and click on each of the WASD keys, then release the CTRL key (unless you want to also color other keys with the same Layer 2 color). WASD will now be the color set for your New Layer 2.
  12. Click Apply.
  13. If you make any changes to this in the future, ALWAYS hold the CTRL key when you change key colors. Otherwise it will reset all of the key colors on that layer.
  14. ALWAYS click Apply when you are done. If you don't, and you close and re-open Unleash, all of your changes to that layer will be erased.
  15. You must have the Unleash software running to display your custom color layers.
2021/09/18 17:30:56
freakdaddy64
wow alright thanks alot im going to work on it right now.
2021/09/18 17:36:47
freakdaddy64
thats awsome it worked thank you.

2021/09/18 17:42:06
tmaeller
You're welcome!
2021/10/06 19:16:28
THIELIOS
My Wife uses my keyboard all the time, anybody know if the keys wear off from certain lotions etc?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account