2021/09/10 13:05:31
KingEngineRevUp
knotsonice
I got my block and card last Friday. Fitment is great.. temps are low +200 on gpu and +1250 mem. cpu maybe 55c and mem hits 47c at load. I also bought there backplate. Loving this card right now. Finally got to replace my 1080ti. 

Very nice memory temperature there. I'm at 55C. I cranked the screws too, wondering if my pads are too thick. Which GPU are you using? 
2021/09/10 13:07:26
MarcSam
Good evening guys, I just installed the waterblock for my 3080 ti ftw3 and I'm upset with the temperatures. I hope you could help me sort this out.

When I run Superposition, gpu core temperature starts to slowly climbing up to a point where it reaches around 70 °C where in idle stays around 34° with a room temperature of about 27°C.
I have a custom loop with a CPU block for the 9900K, an EKWB vtx pump and dual EKWB 360 PE rads.

Thanks in advance.

2021/09/10 13:23:33
knotsonice
KingEngineRevUp
knotsonice
I got my block and card last Friday. Fitment is great.. temps are low +200 on gpu and +1250 mem. cpu maybe 55c and mem hits 47c at load. I also bought there backplate. Loving this card right now. Finally got to replace my 1080ti. 

Very nice memory temperature there. I'm at 55C. I cranked the screws too, wondering if my pads are too thick. Which GPU are you using? 

Sorry I meant to add the 3080ti FTW3
2021/09/10 13:25:24
knotsonice
MarcSam
Good evening guys, I just installed the waterblock for my 3080 ti ftw3 and I'm upset with the temperatures. I hope you could help me sort this out.

When I run Superposition, gpu core temperature starts to slowly climbing up to a point where it reaches around 70 °C where in idle stays around 34° with a room temperature of about 27°C.
I have a custom loop with a CPU block for the 9900K, an EKWB vtx pump and dual EKWB 360 PE rads.

Thanks in advance.

You may want to pull it apart and look at how the paste looks. It could be a bad mount.
2021/09/10 13:30:47
KingEngineRevUp
MarcSam

Thanks in advance.

First, get a flash light and make sure the left channel doesn't have a huge bubble, if it does, get it out by rotating the case, etc. 

Second, it's the thermal pads, they're kind of hard when they are cold. If you can, run a benchmark on it for 20 minutes and warm the card up, then screw the 4 screws around the GPU tighter. Once it is warmed up, you will see that you can actually tighten the screws a bit more. That's what happened to me. Tighten them to the best of your ability in a cross pattern. Trust me, you might have thought you tightened them enough the first time, but you didn't.

knotsonice
KingEngineRevUp
knotsonice

Sorry I meant to add the 3080ti FTW3

What is your water and ambient at? 
2021/09/10 13:37:42
knotsonice
Water I actually don't know. Don't have a temp sensor been meaning to get 1 but ya know... . Ambient is around 21-23c 70-74f. All sits in a caselabs I forget the model. But 2 big ek 360 XE's up top each with 3 fans pushing air through. 4 fans in front of the case. 
2021/09/10 14:08:13
Mrostom
MarcSam

Thanks in advance.

Where are you seeing the temps? In the app it will tell you where the temps are coming from, if it’s the core than most likely you didn’t spread the thermal paste evenly.
I would repeatedly it if there is no air bubble in the system.
But make sure to check where is the heat up coming from the X1 app.
Good luck!

Also the idea of having two Rads on top of each other isn’t the best for heat distribution purposes. However that’s a different subject.
2021/09/10 14:41:47
KingEngineRevUp
Mrostom
knotsonice
Water I actually don't know. Don't have a temp sensor been meaning to get 1 but ya know... . Ambient is around 21-23c 70-74f. All sits in a caselabs I forget the model. But 2 big ek 360 XE's up top each with 3 fans pushing air through. 4 fans in front of the case. 

Where are you seeing the temps? In the app it will tell you where the temps are coming from, if it’s the core than most likely you didn’t spread the thermal paste evenly.
Good luck!

MarcSam is the one with the issue FYI, you are quoting another user.
2021/09/10 14:57:41
Mrostom
KingEngineRevUp
Mrostom
knotsonice

Good luck!

MarcSam is the one with the issue FYI, you are quoting another user.

Thank you sir! I corrected it! :)
2021/09/11 06:04:59
MarcSam
Good morning guys, first of all thank you for your responses. I would like to give you a little update.

I teared down the block and the paste spreading was pretty good actually and took me a bit of force to separate the block from the gpu pcb as the suction force wasn't weak.
Once cleaned everything I reassembled the block and tightened the screws a bit more to what I've done initially just in case. I checked the gpu block and no air bubble can be seen.

I fired up superposition and again the temperature started to climb up but very slowly so it means that there's good contact between block and gpu pcb but still at the end of the benchmark I passed the 60°C mark. Then and I ran a port royale stress test (20 loop runs of 1 minute and 50 sec each) and the gpu still topped up at 71 °C at the end of it with power slider set to 113%.

I mean this is way better than the stock cooler but I expected a bit more honestly, altough room temperature was 28°C (I live in south Italy).

Since it was asked here's my loop order: pump > 360 rad > gpu > cpu > 360 rad > back to the pump.

I suspect that the fans that I have are bottlenecking my loop, they are the Corsair QL 120. 3 of them at the bottom rad pulling air from outside to inside, and 3 of them at the top rad pushing air from inside to outside and extra 3 fan pulling air from outside to the inside of the case (so I have strong positive pressure). The case is the infamous Lian Li 011 dynamic xl. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account