2021/09/09 09:51:26
Mrostom
KingEngineRevUp
Mrostom
KingEngineRevUp
Mrostom
For the people that mounted their card vertically does the card feel like it would break off. I have had WB card before this one but this one feels extremely wavy.
Isn’t because of how heavy the WB is?

I've seen dozens vertically mounted no issues. Believe it or not, fiberglass is pretty strong. The card is supported by the PCI-E slot still on top of the two PCI-E screws. 

Hmm mine was really wiggling and was pushing forward. However it make sense, sense you can screw down your riser cable.
My riser doesn’t get screwed in :(.
But the power cable is holding it straight and the pipes are holding it too, so now it’s fine.
It was just so odd, how waggle it was.

What vertical bracket at you using? I'm using Phanteks. 

I'm using the Fractal
2021/09/09 10:05:25
redrek43
I like the way this block looks. Will have to grab one whenever I can get my hands on a card.
2021/09/09 16:13:49
richard203
KingEngineRevUp
richard203
did any1 ordered the active backplate too so we know how much of a difference it make with a active backplate?  mines coming next month

I'm a 3080, Ti user and didn't see the benefit.

oh im 3090 so i need that back ram cooled
2021/09/09 16:41:45
KingEngineRevUp
richard203
KingEngineRevUp
richard203
did any1 ordered the active backplate too so we know how much of a difference it make with a active backplate?  mines coming next month

Before you install it, let us know your before temperatures and then after. 
2021/09/09 17:04:57
richard203
KingEngineRevUp
richard203
KingEngineRevUp
richard203

right now my 3090 memory junc temp is 98-102c and thats with the 3090 hybrid kit so i'll let u guys know after i got my 3090 active backplate next month
2021/09/09 17:09:44
Mrostom
richard203
KingEngineRevUp
richard203
KingEngineRevUp
richard203

right now my 3090 memory junc temp is 98-102c and thats with the 3090 hybrid kit so i'll let u guys know after i got my 3090 active backplate next month

Yah I think it’s safe up to 125.

It would be interesting to see how much the active waterblock help with that.
2021/09/09 17:31:10
KingEngineRevUp
Mrostom
richard203
KingEngineRevUp
richard203
KingEngineRevUp
richard203

I don't know the tech spec limit, but I know it will thermal throttle down and won't want to go past 105C. The card will send less power to it and it will throttle down a lot. 
2021/09/09 17:42:19
Mrostom
KingEngineRevUp
Mrostom
richard203
KingEngineRevUp
richard203
KingEngineRevUp
richard203

I don't know the tech spec limit, but I know it will thermal throttle down and won't want to go past 105C. The card will send less power to it and it will throttle down a lot. 

That make sense, yah I think thats fail safe in the bios.
2021/09/09 18:34:29
rjbarker
KingEngineRevUp
Taken from this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/watercooling/comments/pjyiv5/finally_finished_my_hardline_build_in_everyones/hc28m3h/?context=3

This is the first Acetal version of the block I have seen in the wild. It looks pretty nice. The RGB is a light bar instead. 

Acetol version of the Block has been out since release....I got my first one in March for my 3080.(pics in Mods Rig)..will be swapping that one over to 3080Ti...I've never been a fan of clear acrylic at all...4 different series of EK Waterblocks have all been Actetol ...they pair up nice with the Nickel backplates.

For controlling RGB lighting with any Asus Board...plug in RGB cable to any RGB header on your Mobo, then easily control lighting effects with Asus Aura software.

I have a "notify" in with EK and am planning on trying out the active backplate....considering how toasty warm the Nickel backplate gets under heavy load, I'm quite sure the Active Backplate wil be quite effective....love the idea of "sandwiching" the PCB between Water Blocks...very cool EK !!

2021/09/09 18:47:02
eg1122
For those of you that may need to disassemble the block to clean it out, the appropriate torque for the screws holding the Plexi to the cold plate is 0.6Nm (about 5.31 in/lb). I got this information directly from EK support.

Attached Image(s)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account