2021/09/08 13:18:44
KingEngineRevUp
Mrostom
Hey guys,
When you install the WB do you need to flash the card with another bios? Since the card won’t be using the fans any more?
Is there anything else that needs to be done?

You should be fine, but if you want Precision X1 to be nicer and not have those fans there anymore, you can flash the Hydro Copper bios I suppose. I use afterburner. I have the stock bios. 

TahoeDust
Are you guys using the RGB header on the card to control the lighting on the block?  The RGB header on the card is an RGB output right?

You will not be able to unless you remove the right side of the block, which is the RGB itself. The RGB terminal block will block the right two ports at the end. Unless you find a RGB low profile cable extension that can fit in that area, you will have to use your motherboard or anther aRGB source. 

I am using adapters and controlling my RGB through Corsair iCUE. 
2021/09/08 13:30:14
TahoeDust
KingEngineRevUp
TahoeDust
Are you guys using the RGB header on the card to control the lighting on the block?  The RGB header on the card is an RGB output right?

You will not be able to unless you remove the right side of the block, which is the RGB itself. The RGB terminal block will block the right two ports at the end. Unless you find a RGB low profile cable extension that can fit in that area, you will have to use your motherboard or anther aRGB source. 

Oooof the one time having an EVGA Dark board hurts.

Edit:  Think this would work?

2021/09/08 13:56:30
KingEngineRevUp
TahoeDust
KingEngineRevUp
TahoeDust

Those won't work. Here you go, I took a very close photo of it for you. I think you're better off getting a low profile header on a extension cable. 

You'll need to find something like this, I don't know what this header type is but it should fit in here and it should be bendable to loop out of the WB. 

Note, this is a 12V one, but as long as you clip out the other ends pin you should be fine as it's essentially the same cable as the 5V one. You need a 5V one. 

Attached Image(s)

2021/09/08 14:01:37
TahoeDust
KingEngineRevUp
TahoeDust
KingEngineRevUp
TahoeDust

Those won't work. Here you go, I took a very close photo of it for you. I think you're better off getting a low profile header on a extension cable. 

You'll need to find something like this, I don't know what this header type is but it should fit in here and it should be bendable to loop out of the WB. 

Note, this is a 12V one, but as long as you clip out the other ends pin you should be fine as it's essentially the same cable as the 5V one. You need a 5V one. 

Thanks for the pics!  I may just try to find a small controller.  I have a Aquacomputer, controlling most of my current setup, but there is no D RGB output.
2021/09/08 19:44:06
Mrostom
For the people that mounted their card vertically does the card feel like it would break off. I have had WB card before this one but this one feels extremely wavy.
Isn’t because of how heavy the WB is?
2021/09/09 00:27:18
KingEngineRevUp
Mrostom
For the people that mounted their card vertically does the card feel like it would break off. I have had WB card before this one but this one feels extremely wavy.

I've seen dozens vertically mounted no issues. Believe it or not, fiberglass is pretty strong. The card is supported by the PCI-E slot still on top of the two PCI-E screws. 
2021/09/09 03:09:08
richard203
did any1 ordered the active backplate too so we know how much of a difference it make with a active backplate?  mines coming next month
2021/09/09 07:17:50
KingEngineRevUp
richard203
did any1 ordered the active backplate too so we know how much of a difference it make with a active backplate?  mines coming next month

I'm a 3080, Ti user and didn't see the benefit.
2021/09/09 08:44:20
Mrostom
KingEngineRevUp
Mrostom

I've seen dozens vertically mounted no issues. Believe it or not, fiberglass is pretty strong. The card is supported by the PCI-E slot still on top of the two PCI-E screws. 

Hmm mine was really wiggling and was pushing forward. However it make sense, sense you can screw down your riser cable.
My riser doesn’t get screwed in :(.
But the power cable is holding it straight and the pipes are holding it too, so now it’s fine.
It was just so odd, how waggle it was.
2021/09/09 09:43:23
KingEngineRevUp
Mrostom
KingEngineRevUp
Mrostom

Hmm mine was really wiggling and was pushing forward. However it make sense, sense you can screw down your riser cable.
My riser doesn’t get screwed in :(.
But the power cable is holding it straight and the pipes are holding it too, so now it’s fine.
It was just so odd, how waggle it was.

What vertical bracket at you using? I'm using Phanteks. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account