2021/09/20 12:10:00
kalsim
I had CPU temp always displayed on my old board. This time I set it to display POST then shut off. Codes are more important. This should help it last a long time.
2021/09/20 12:25:06
frankd3
I was thinking about that too. Darn, I really like having the temp showing.
But you're right. It should help.
2021/09/20 13:05:47
B0baganoosh
kalsim
I had CPU temp always displayed on my old board. This time I set it to display POST then shut off. Codes are more important. This should help it last a long time.

frankd3

This is my plan too. Since I've built this latest thing, I've been more inclined to just run HWiNFO on my second monitor and I keep an eye on the CPU temps anyway, as well as having an OSD on, which I haven't always done (often, but not always). So it really isn't necessary for me anymore. That said, I've been glancing at that POST indicator (on my previous two motherboards) for...10 years? At least a good chunk of that anyway. It'll be a little bit of a hard habit to break.
2021/09/20 15:12:06
frankd3
B0baganoosh

This is my plan too. Since I've built this latest thing, I've been more inclined to just run HWiNFO on my second monitor and I keep an eye on the CPU temps anyway, as well as having an OSD on, which I haven't always done (often, but not always). So it really isn't necessary for me anymore. That said, I've been glancing at that POST indicator (on my previous two motherboards) for...10 years? At least a good chunk of that anyway. It'll be a little bit of a hard habit to break.

Just made the switch. Funny how dark it looks over there without that bright number
For when I have the desktop showing I have Core Temp running in the notification area. It also records the max during the current session.
But eventually I'll set up an OSD.

Such a stupid quality problem to have. I expected better of EVGA.
2021/10/02 14:27:10
geforce10
Hey guys. Well, you can now add me to the list of Post LED failure. My right side LED stared to go bad last night as I was testing my RAM overclock. I first got my z590FTW in July, but already had an RMA because the LED’s on the I/O shield never worked. And now this. Pretty disappointed for such an expensive board, two issues have surfaced. My old Z97 Classified was a tried and true board that worked flawlessly for many years.

Does anyone know of EVGA has a newer revision of this mobo that fixes the failing LED problem? Sending my board out for yet, another RMA is one thing (2 weeks with no PC), but if I get a replacement and it happens again, it’s just not with it. I can’t believe I’m even thinking this, but I’m really thinking about selling this board and getting a high end Asus mobo. I hate their customer service, but man they have some really nice motherboards.
2021/10/02 17:03:47
kalsim
This is the first motherboard I ever RMA'd since 1999 and ironically the most expensive and "high-end". At least EVGA was very quick and efficient with my replacement. They were great about it.
2021/10/02 17:19:36
geforce10
I have to agree with ya there, they do an amazing job with customer service and the RMA process, just don’t know if they have fixed the issue yet. Going to give them a call and see what they say. I’ll update back here after I speak with EVGA.
2021/10/03 16:13:59
Ludacon
Add another one. Mine is starting to have some quirks. Left bottom segment will drop out and the rest of the left segments will be dim. Sometimes i just get a little flicker on that left panel when switching whole digits as well.

Too bad i cant step up to a x570 since i had a dark sitting here and a dead asrock x570 board that needs rma as well. This last crop of boards and cards really seems to have taken a dive across all vendors. 
2021/10/04 04:53:11
Braegnok
B0baganoosh
kalsim

frankd3

Found an interesting read for you, might be fun DIY project replacing the 7-segment display.  https://jeff.glass/2020/03/03/reverse-eng-7-seg-part-1/

Most likely would be possible mounting a display similar or same as the Lascar EM32-4-LED display on your chassis, up near faulty OEM 4-LED. 
2021/10/04 06:17:39
B0baganoosh
OOF again. We're up to 7. 7-7-segment displays down. I've updated the first post to now indicate a counter of how many of us this has happened to.

As for mine, my second replacement board (after first arrived with a bent CPU-socket pin) is out for delivery today.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account