2021/09/18 09:10:55
kalsim
Got my replacement board hooked up and Win 10 installed. So far, everything looks good. Gonna test RAM & CPU settings, see if my 3600 C16 will run on this one.
2021/09/19 18:05:06
kalsim
*New* board from RMA works fantastic so far. Very pleased. POST LED's work great but my RAM still won't do 3600. But the best part is the power delivery and power limits actually work now! Previously it would cap at about 198 watts but now it will hit 262 watts. Love it.
2021/09/20 07:08:02
B0baganoosh
kalsim
*New* board from RMA works fantastic so far. Very pleased. POST LED's work great but my RAM still won't do 3600. But the best part is the power delivery and power limits actually work now! Previously it would cap at about 198 watts but now it will hit 262 watts. Love it.

Your CPU power limits were capped before? My FTW has power limits set at "unlimited", which is confirmed in XTU.
2021/09/20 08:42:13
kalsim
B0baganoosh
kalsim

Your CPU power limits were capped before? My FTW has power limits set at "unlimited", which is confirmed in XTU.

They were unlimited but for some reason the board wouldn't deliver.
2021/09/20 09:10:43
B0baganoosh
kalsim
B0baganoosh
kalsim

They were unlimited but for some reason the board wouldn't deliver.

That's odd. I've seen my CPU draw 334W peak in CB-r23 with a 5.3GHz all-core OC using HWiNFO64. I wonder what was limiting yours.
2021/09/20 09:20:49
brianisflyin
Hi all, I just had the left side 7 segment LEDs go dim and the middle segment won’t turn on. I have a z590 FTW that was received on 7/13/21.

No other issues but it is disappointing to see on a premium motherboard. I read some other forum posts of a similar issue with the older z390 and z490 FTW/Dark variants.

I feel like there’s a high chance of it occurring again if I RMA or step up to Dark. I’m not sure what I’m going to do but I’m leaning towards disabling it in bios if everything else keeps working fine.
2021/09/20 09:55:20
B0baganoosh
And then there were 5 of us.
2021/09/20 10:21:47
frankd3
brianisflyin
Hi all, I just had the left side 7 segment LEDs go dim and the middle segment won’t turn on. I have a z590 FTW that was received on 7/13/21.

No other issues but it is disappointing to see on a premium motherboard. I read some other forum posts of a similar issue with the older z390 and z490 FTW/Dark variants.

I feel like there’s a high chance of it occurring again if I RMA or step up to Dark. I’m not sure what I’m going to do but I’m leaning towards disabling it in bios if everything else keeps working fine.

I don't think the Dark is eligible to step up to. It's not on the list.
I was thinking of doing that before my FTW develops this problem. Because I know it will.
2021/09/20 10:38:18
B0baganoosh
I received this response on my RMA email chain today:

Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, we do not have any information about the LED failure from our Product Management team...[unrelated response to separate question I had]. We apologize that we do not have any additional information regarding the LED issue.

2021/09/20 10:39:01
brianisflyin
Well I guess that makes that decision for me. It’s pretty silly how they only have the Z590 FTW on the list for US customers when you can’t even buy a Z490 off of the website. Go figure, the Z590 Dark is on the list for EU customers.

Ugh, I had high expectations considering my previous Z87 has lasted 8 years now with ZERO problems. Is it just me or has QA gone downhill with all the RTX 3080/3090 issues lately as well?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account