2022/08/24 16:48:21
mobb-1
I can’t believe I’m saying this but yeah, I’m done with evga for reliability. I’ll just get a founders edition for video cards and then water cool it. As far as motherboards… never again.
2022/08/24 18:56:21
Nereus
mobb-1
I can’t believe I’m saying this but yeah, I’m done with evga for reliability. I’ll just get a founders edition for video cards and then water cool it. As far as motherboards… never again.

lol yeah, go get an ASUS board - good luck with that and their CS should you have any issues! Oh, and make sure you have fire insurance (I'm assuming you're aware of their latest Z690 recall; link).

It seems apparent that EVGA got sold a really bad batch of LED displays. So far they've had zero issues replacing boards under RMA when requested - the boards themselves function reliably either way. The only reason I'm doing an RMA is because I've upgraded and want to sell the old board. As far as I'm aware, this issue has thankfully not continued into the Z690 line. Not sure how you figure this issue relates to their GPUs though, but you do you. Good luck!

2022/08/25 10:09:33
B0baganoosh
Nereus
mobb-1

lol yeah, go get an ASUS board - good luck with that and their CS should you have any issues! Oh, and make sure you have fire insurance (I'm assuming you're aware of their latest Z690 recall; link).

It seems apparent that EVGA got sold a really bad batch of LED displays. So far they've had zero issues replacing boards under RMA when requested - the boards themselves function reliably either way. The only reason I'm doing an RMA is because I've upgraded and want to sell the old board. As far as I'm aware, this issue has thankfully not continued into the Z690 line. Not sure how you figure this issue relates to their GPUs though, but you do you. Good luck!

If you follow their link in post #151, you can see why they feel burned on EVGA's customer support. I think the lack of response on the failed POST LEDs is just icing on the cake for them, but that's an assumption on my part. From my perspective, it sounds like they got really poor support in their first phone call and the only mistake they made was discarding the board before pressing EVGA on the issue. That said, if they had proper support the first time, maybe they wouldn't have discarded the board. They also had to RMA their 3090 FTW3 about 3 times and end up swapping for an XC3 before they got one that worked right...so I get why they're frustrated at this point. I'm pretty sure if that was your most recent two experiences with any company, you'd feel the same way.
2022/08/25 11:52:22
Nereus
B0baganoosh
Nereus
mobb-1

If you follow their link in post #151, you can see why they feel burned on EVGA's customer support. I think the lack of response on the failed POST LEDs is just icing on the cake for them, but that's an assumption on my part. From my perspective, it sounds like they got really poor support in their first phone call and the only mistake they made was discarding the board before pressing EVGA on the issue. That said, if they had proper support the first time, maybe they wouldn't have discarded the board. They also had to RMA their 3090 FTW3 about 3 times and end up swapping for an XC3 before they got one that worked right...so I get why they're frustrated at this point. I'm pretty sure if that was your most recent two experiences with any company, you'd feel the same way.

Thanks for that. 3 cards and 1 motherboard all died one after the other? Fair enough - I'd certainly be unhappy about that too.. although after that many issues in a row I'd also wonder if maybe something else was causing it, like the PSU or grounding or cables etc. No idea why someone would discard an otherwise fully functioning mobo because of a faulty LED post code display though.

The only reason I think EVGA didn't respond to the LED issue in general is because the mobos are still otherwise fully functional, and perhaps they didn't want to end up with thousands of RMAs where the user would not have cared otherwise. Whether that's a correct decision by EVGA is another question entirely, lol. Personally, I would've quietly acknowledged the issue on the forums but reiterated it did not otherwise impact board functionality, and advised RMA is available if the user so desired. I'd also be going back to wherever they sourced these LED displays and looking for compensation.

I've had 2 other boards with the same LED issue prior to this Z590 FTW, and had zero problems with EVGA processing an RMA on them, so not sure why that person had problems with EVGA CS... might be more to the story than what we are being told?...

2022/08/25 11:56:11
B0baganoosh
Nereus
B0baganoosh
Nereus
mobb-1

Thanks for that. 3 cards and 1 motherboard all died one after the other? Fair enough - I'd certainly be unhappy about that too.. although after that many issues in a row I'd also wonder if maybe something else was causing it, like the PSU or grounding or cables etc. No idea why someone would discard an otherwise fully functioning mobo because of a faulty LED post code display though.

The only reason I think EVGA didn't respond to the LED issue in general is because the mobos are still otherwise fully functional, and perhaps they didn't want to end up with thousands of RMAs where the user would not have cared otherwise. Whether that's a correct decision by EVGA is another question entirely, lol. Personally, I would've quietly acknowledged the issue on the forums but reiterated it did not otherwise impact board functionality, and advised RMA is available if the user so desired. I'd also be going back to wherever they sourced these LED displays and looking for compensation.

I've had 2 other boards with the same LED issue prior to this Z590 FTW, and had zero problems with EVGA processing an RMA on them, so not sure why that person had problems with EVGA CS... might be more to the story than what we are being told?...

The LED wasn't why their motherboard failed. LED also failed, but that wasn't why they had to replace it.
2023/06/19 21:17:48
Neelyr2
add my X570 ftw mobo to the list. at first the second digit had a couple dim spots for a few weeks but now both LEDs can be dim. I really dont want to have to do a fullblown RMA over this though. Ill probably just keep going as is unless something else farts out. 
2023/06/20 11:21:04
Volumetrik
I just noticed that my Z590 DARK exhibits the same issue. This actually prevents me from seeing the post codes. The LEDs are super dim and half of the bottom section is missing. I'm requesting an RMA, I'll update the thread accordingly.
2023/06/21 08:19:18
B0baganoosh
Neelyr2
add my X570 ftw mobo to the list. at first the second digit had a couple dim spots for a few weeks but now both LEDs can be dim. I really dont want to have to do a fullblown RMA over this though. Ill probably just keep going as is unless something else farts out. 

Volumetrik
I just noticed that my Z590 DARK exhibits the same issue. This actually prevents me from seeing the post codes. The LEDs are super dim and half of the bottom section is missing. I'm requesting an RMA, I'll update the thread accordingly.

Added both of yours.
2023/09/06 10:12:27
B0baganoosh
B0baganoosh
I haven't seen any z690 reports with this problem, just FYI.

Well...I take it back...there's now one report. I updated the first post with link to the thread.
2023/09/10 10:04:53
Apollo1321
I finally put together my z590 dark after rma'ing the first one for the post code leds, they sent me a sealed new replacement. But it sat in its box until two weeks ago. The leds have failed within two weeks of use, again. It also has a weird problem if i set static fan speeds the board just randomly decides there is no fan attached at all and stops them. It actually overheated my gpu loop before i noticed that ALL the fans on gpu loop werent spinning. Cpu loop fans were tho. I also see that they never fixed the cpu speed cap of 5.2ghz in the eleet x1 app. Z590 Dark has been the worst board ive ever used. Doesnt help that evga abandoned it really quick for z690.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account