2021/08/15 17:56:02
jpoulos

I am wondering this too.

Serious, last thing I want to do is void my warranty when I get one of these.... but I do want to take care of it and I know thermal paste "dries up" over time... 
Any officials want to weigh in on this??
2021/08/15 18:43:49
Jobotoo
Matis78
jpoulos
Is maintenance allowed for cards still under warranty? 

I am wondering this too.

Yes
2021/08/15 18:45:01
talon951
jpoulos

I am wondering this too.

Serious, last thing I want to do is void my warranty when I get one of these.... but I do want to take care of it and I know thermal paste "dries up" over time... 
Any officials want to weigh in on this??

EVGA even honors the warranty if you put the card in a waterblock. Although in that case they require the card put back to the original configuration before sending it for an RMA. Only way you'll void your warranty is if you physically damage it.
2021/08/15 19:21:56
safan80
dryja123
EVGA is finally selling compatible thermal putty for the VRMs. I know some people were struggling with figuring out which combinations of thermal pads worked when they were repasting their cards.

https://www.evga.com/prod...aspx?pn=M047-10-000003

According to Jacob, one syringe should be enough to replace all of the putty. I picked up 2 anyway.

You should make youtube video of you applying the putty. 
2021/08/15 21:36:59
ViscousSock
Ive never been big on trying to take my card apart even more so now that the prices are that of a tincan car, how bad is it to do this, is it worth doing?
2022/06/18 21:36:25
eric101097
Does anybody know where I can get the thermal putty since EVGA stopped selling it?
2022/06/19 03:49:13
the_Scarlet_one
eric101097
Does anybody know where I can get the thermal putty since EVGA stopped selling it?

Contact evga at support@evga.com

That is what I had to do to buy thermal pads from them, so they may sell the thermal putty as well.

Do not use K5 Pro. I know I had suggested it earlier in this thread, but I had been going off of someone else’s experience, and after people started getting more time with K5 Pro, it ended up being a horrible product. Just talk to evga and see if they will sell you some directly.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account