2022/01/22 07:18:17
B0baganoosh
frankd3
B0baganoosh
EVGATech_LeeM
For those of you with this issue on the Z590 FTW, please try this test BIOS:30
https://cdn.evga.com/bios/Z590/E597_flashtool_11228T00.zip

Lee, is it supposed to say version 0.00? I figured probably as a test bios, but thought I'd ask, lol. Installed last night (all went well). I'll check a few times this weekend. I really wish there was a way to have profiles carry over when you update a bios. Or export/import them or something.

After 3 months of downtime I'm finally back.
I was just about to try this test bios. Can't you save profiles to usb and then load from usb?

That would be awesome. I didn't think to check for that lol...oof.
2022/01/22 10:10:39
frankd3
B0baganoosh
frankd3

After 3 months of downtime I'm finally back.
I was just about to try this test bios. Can't you save profiles to usb and then load from usb?

That would be awesome. I didn't think to check for that lol...oof.

Wasn't so great after all. It would only let me load one profile.
Sure glad I picked the very latest.

EDIT: Stupid me. I had to load one profile, reboot, save that profile, and then load another. Should have figured that.
2022/01/22 10:59:19
frankd3
When I was overclocking and testing I would occasionally get the more critical WHEA-Logger errors.
When I gave up the constant settings changing for overclocking those errors stopped.
Since then I only got the "corrected" WHEA-Logger warnings.

There were a few things that always gave me a "corrected" WHEA-Logger error seemingly related to using the 3080Ti FTW
1- Playing a game. Some games gave several during the gaming session.
2- Starting PrecisionX1 and making config changes (fan curves adjustments).
3- And accessing Google Maps in Firefox.

There were other times when I was not sure what I did.

Initial testing of this test bios has produced no WHEA-Loggers of any kind using the 3 methods mentioned.
Of course further testing is required but looks good so far.
2022/01/22 11:54:12
Sajin
👍
2022/01/22 15:18:17
frankd3
More testing, this time changing overclocking settings. Even bad ones that I knew didn't work
Changing bios settings to things I had originally.
Could not get WHEA-Loggers to appear.

Only thing left is endurance testing but, for me, it looks like the errors are gone.

It is unsettling to see bios version 0.00
2022/01/23 14:53:51
B0baganoosh
I've got about 3 boots so far (and a couple reboots) and haven't seen the issue pop back up. Not sure that I would have in only 3 boots, so more time is required, but I thought I'd give that feedback.
2022/01/23 17:29:06
yavorsky
Oh man, really looking forward to a DARK BIOS update. Glad that the FTW is showing promise!
2022/02/02 05:53:27
B0baganoosh
I thought I'd post an update. I've had several more boots since putting this test BIOS on and still haven't seen any more WHEA errors.
2022/02/11 11:50:48
EVGA_Lee
As a small update.  I don't have a test BIOS for the DARK, but I've been told that these changes will be added to the next official release.  No ETA, however.
2022/02/11 17:30:19
MackWage
Happy to see the diag information I provided was helpful and really appreciate you all putting out a test bios for folks!! Because of my curious mind and technical nature, I'd love if you're willing to share what the engineers found behind the scenes and changed in the test update. 

I wouldn't complain about receiving any blue ribbons (shameless - I know). 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account