2021/08/25 14:45:57
B0baganoosh
well...I had been tinkering a bit, and yesterday figured out my memory was at 16-16-16-39. I was like "wait, I thought it was at 16-16-16-36", so I changed it. Then I noticed today in HWiNFO64 that I was getting tons of WHEA PCIE errors. every 30 seconds or so, like you were. So I says to myself: "Self, what did you change because this is new" and remembered the memory setting.

I just changed it back to 39 from 36 and they're gone. Hasn't been more than 45 minutes booted up, but they seem gone for now...will advise at a later date.
2021/08/25 15:43:16
frankd3
B0baganoosh
well...I had been tinkering a bit, and yesterday figured out my memory was at 16-16-16-39. I was like "wait, I thought it was at 16-16-16-36", so I changed it. Then I noticed today in HWiNFO64 that I was getting tons of WHEA PCIE errors. every 30 seconds or so, like you were. So I says to myself: "Self, what did you change because this is new" and remembered the memory setting.

I just changed it back to 39 from 36 and they're gone. Hasn't been more than 45 minutes booted up, but they seem gone for now...will advise at a later date.

But what would the ram have to do with a pci-e error?
2021/08/25 17:08:03
B0baganoosh
frankd3
But what would the ram have to do with a pci-e error?

Could cause instability I suspect. 39 is the default timing for my ram, 36 was an OC. so it may just not be as stable there in my case and caused the other issue to show up. It was the only thing that I had changed, and it seemed to fix it after I changed it back, but I only ran it another 45-55 minutes before I shut down earlier. I didn't have a single error after rebooting with the memory timing adjusted. I'll check it more over the next few days. I can't say this will fix things for anyone else, or with any certainty that it fixed my issue, but there's a chance so I thought I'd share.
2021/08/31 13:08:18
yavorsky
Just swapped out a replacement CPU. Reformatted my WD SN850 1TB with windows, unplugged all unnecessary devices and setup Windows. Warning still returns and spams every 30 seconds or so. Only this time now when I went back to apply my OC on the 3080 LHR I kept crashing in every game. It couldn't hold the same OC and I had to drop it down a bit (Bad luck on CPU silicon lottery?).

I think at this point I feel it's either BIOS or the GFX card. I don't even want to attempt an RMA on the card with the current situation so I'll wait patiently till I'm up next in the step up program for a 3080 ti.

For now I'll just live with what is going on with the logger warning...
2021/08/31 13:35:14
Sajin
Bios or motherboard is the issue. Yep, gotta love that silicon lottery.
2021/09/04 21:15:49
yavorsky
Can't be the motherboard as I've swapped that out. Wish I had another Gen4 video card to swap and test out. At this point it HAS to be either BIOS or the GFX card.

EDIT: I spent all night gaming with my rig and not a single WHEA Warning after a fresh reboot. Woke the PC up from sleep this morning and now I have the errors while just browsing the web. Updated the to the recent drivers as well last night and used DDU. Is this a voltage thing? I think my last thing to do is just call EVGA and try and get some tech support. Something isn't functioning right on this PC...
2021/09/07 07:29:00
B0baganoosh
This is definitely a weird intermittent issue. I had a similar situation yavorsky. I was gaming one day and noticed in HWiNFO that there were a bunch of errors (212 or something). I kept playing, left the computer running for hours, got up to over 1000 errors. It was every 30 seconds or so. The idea I had before with memory timings may be not at all related. There was a GPU driver update in the middle of the session, but I think errors started before and continued after. I didn't do a clean install or anything and didn't reboot after.

One thing I've been tweaking and testing is slowly lowering my CPU voltage to see how low I can run it and have everything work correctly. I think I had stopped at 1.380V with a +50 offset and -25% droop. So the next time I booted up, I changed the core voltage to 1.390V in E-LEET (not BIOS...haven't made any adjustments there). This time, I gamed for a few hours, then left the PC running over night and halfway into the next day, HWiNFO running the whole time: 0 errors. Does that mean the voltage tweak fixed it? I have no idea. I think it might just be a fluke with boots. Sometimes it is happy, other times not so much. Is it the first boot after I've switched off power to the PSU that has errors, but reboots do not? I don't know. I definitely have too many variables to be sure one thing or another "fixes" it, but there's definitely something odd that happens intermittently that causes it and I couldn't tell you for sure if it is OC, memory timings, voltages, or just a random error from the GPU that only happens sometimes. I don't think I had this issue before I put a 3080 ti in, but I'm 100% positive on this (only about 90% sure).

Both boots I was gaming, had my GPU at +75 on the core and +600 on the memory. It can go higher, but I only do that while running benchmarks.
2021/09/08 21:27:29
Svjugs
I had the same issue
2021/10/09 16:55:40
B0baganoosh
So I've done some further testing on this (on my original motherboard and the rma replacement I just got this week). Both of them have this issue on the first boot. If I just restart the computer after it boots up the first time, there are no errors. So it needs a reboot to make the errors go away. No idea why. If I power it up from full off: errors. If I reboot, then run anything for hours: no errors.

No idea what that means.
2021/10/14 10:34:47
MackWage
Wanted to share an update that I have routinely experienced this error on my z590 dark as well across all the bios versions since launch. I have found that each and every time - it was simply due to memory timing settings. ( I tinker a lot ). In my case, the PCI-e root port being flagged each time was related to the network adapters. If the memory timings were really off, Windows would also be super delayed in loading the network connection on boot OR never load it at all. If in the case of never loading it all, I also could not use the search function of Windows search menu. 

So my own personal experience thus far suggests this is just due to an unstable memory OC 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account