2021/07/29 14:48:30
yavorsky
Hey all,

I've discovered another issue with my setup. I seem to be getting spammed with WHEA-Logger warnings in my Windows log. It seems to appear after coming back from stand-by It's doing it on fresh restarts now as well. The PCI Express root port it complains about has my EVGA 3080 FTW3 plugged into it. If I restart the PC I am not getting these warning logs. Would this be an issue with the NVIDIA driver?

This is happening with a vanilla install of Windows 10 (21H1), Latest NVIDIA Driver, and all other drivers installed from EVGA's website. No other software installed.

Hardware:
Mobo: EVGA z590 FTW
CPU: 11700k (no OC currently)
GFX: EVGA 3080 Ultra FTW3
Memory: Corsair 2x16 Vengeance 3200 ddr4
Boot Drive: WD SN850 1tb
PSU: EVGA 1300 G2

Looking forward to hearing from you all. Thank you so much for reading and helping out!

Attached Image(s)

2021/07/29 17:19:31
Sajin
2021/07/29 19:37:12
yavorsky
Thanks for the link. I've been reading different threads on the forums and I'm a bit confused on the causes. Is it accurate to say that it could be caused by one or more of these three things?
1) BIOS update needed (I'm on latest BIOS)
2) NVIDIA driver update needed or need to wait for newer version
3) Hardware instability / may need an RMA?

I've seen a few of your replies in different threads and I'm wondering if I'm headed down the road of an RMA?
2021/07/29 19:52:29
Sajin
WHEA errors do point to hardware instability. A older/newer bios could resolve the issue. It could also be a hardware issue that could be resolved by switching to another motherboard. One user in the thread I linked said the issue went away after getting a different motherboard from another brand. EVGA_JacobF even said the issue was resolved in a new bios update for the op’s board in the link I provided.
2021/07/29 22:23:32
MackWage
I just ran into this on a z590 DARK. Doing a DDU and reinstall of driver resolved for me!
2021/07/30 03:17:15
frankd3
MackWage
I just ran into this on a z590 DARK. Doing a DDU and reinstall of driver resolved for me!

Was that the graphics card driver you're referring to?
2021/07/30 10:24:49
MackWage
frankd3

Was that the graphics card driver you're referring to?

Yes but disregard. Went a few hours without errors and then they started again. Have tried across both of the most recent two bios versions. Will continue troubleshooting 
2021/07/30 10:48:08
yavorsky
Yeah I just did DDU as well. I'm still getting the same warning in the logs. It seems fine sometimes when I reboot and let the machine sit there but if I come back from stand-by that's when it really starts spewing. This isn't always the case though as it has happened on fresh reboots while sitting idle. I'm at a loss as to what may be the cause.
2021/07/30 10:51:04
MackWage
yavorsky
Yeah I just did DDU as well. I'm still getting the same warning in the logs. It seems fine sometimes when I reboot and let the machine sit there but if I come back from stand-by that's when it really starts spewing. This isn't always the case though as it has happened on fresh reboots while sitting idle. I'm at a loss as to what may be the cause.

Are you using a riser cable? Or direct to mobo? I am using the Lian Li pci-e 4.0 riser cable. I switched to a different 3090 and observed the same errors. So my next few things to try:
  • Swap riser cable
  • Try direct connection
  • Try PEG2 slot
  • Sob into my pillow
2021/07/30 11:04:06
yavorsky
No riser cables; I'm plugged directly into the mobo. I've re-seated the 3080 as well. For a while I thought it was this whole RvRLA.exe issue with it taking 8% of my cpu power consistently when it detects iCUE but even after disabling iCUE I get the error after a few hours. I've tried reinstalling Precision X1 and loading defaults on the card as well, no luck.

Here's the supporting article from NVIDIA's forums for the RvRLA issue:
https://www.nvidia.com/en...ausing-high-cpu-temps/

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account